Boobie Dixon-Anthony Thomas redux

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another case of guy playing because his old coach -- Roman -- is comfortable with him? He is just a terrible RB -- as was A-Train when he played for Jauron's Bills (3.27 yards per carry in 143 lead-footed carries over 2 seasons). He has 15 carries for 19 yards, and appears to run a 5.4 40. Plus he's 28 - I don't know what that is in RB dog years, but it's a lot. What did Bryce Brown do to get exiled from the team?

Bryce Brown was kicked off the team just to irritate all of the Fantasy GMs and it is working fabulously. In fact Whaley called all of the other GMs in league and told them the joke he was playing on fantasy GMs and are going along with joke and laughing at then too!

And if Roman was sooooo comfortable with him leaving 49ers he would not have left him be let go BY THE GM without a protest. Maybe THAT is why Whaley signed him - Roman called him and said they were letting go a good player and if they got some Boobie he would sign to coach the Bills when they got rid of the head coach.

Edited by Koolaid

I don't think there's any debate. He's pretty bad. That's why he's 3rd string/ST.

But it's stupid to say he's only here because Roman is comfortable with him, as others have pointed out.

He has looked like soft poo. a bit better yesterday but thats not saying alot.

but he had no preseason. been injured quite awhile. what was that injury? it was leg wasn't it? Thigh or calf?

lets look at boobie last year?. Some of you guys have thats crazy memory thing and some of you folks dig into stats like digging for treasure!!

Boobie did not look nearly as slow and stiff last year . Did he?

Boom sounds like a ST to me.

If Dixon is going to find some rhythm he better do its soon : )

I have a question that I figured I would have seen an answer for by now - how and when did Karlos get a concussion?

no one knows. Rex was asked that today actually. he was a bit odd about it.

but he had no preseason. been injured quite awhile. what was that injury? it was leg wasn't it? Thigh or calf?

lets look at boobie last year?. Some of you guys have thats crazy memory thing and some of you folks dig into stats like digging for treasure!!

Boom sounds like a ST to me.

If Dixon is going to find some rhythm he better do its soon : )

no one knows. Rex was asked that today actually. he was a bit odd about it.

edit Rex said Karlos has a brain appt tuesday i believe I heard him say

Boobie did not look as slow last year.

I'm not sure "soft poo" is an apt description of that stiff-arm he gave turning a little dump off pass into a 5 yd gain. Of course, he should have gone out of bounds instead of hurdling the next guy but.....hey, he got stuffed a few times, he also contributed 20 yds to the pass game and he had a couple 5,6 yd runs that extended drives. He's not our starting running back, he's not our backup running back, but he contributed half a TD in yardage. As "next man up" he did his part.

I believe he had a calf injury, which can cover a wide spectrum of impairment and prognosis.

I don't think he looked as slow last year. I think he put on 10 lb, also (I could be misremembering, I think he said he thought he should be stronger) and I don't think it's helping him.

Boobie did not look as slow last year.

I'm not sure "soft poo" is an apt description of that stiff-arm he gave turning a little dump off pass into a 5 yd gain. Of course, he should have gone out of bounds instead of hurdling the next guy but.....hey, he got stuffed a few times, he also contributed 20 yds to the pass game and he had a couple 5,6 yd runs that extended drives. He's not our starting running back, he's not our backup running back, but he contributed half a TD in yardage. As "next man up" he did his part.

I believe he had a calf injury, which can cover a wide spectrum of impairment and prognosis.

I don't think he looked as slow last year. I think he put on 10 lb, also (I could be misremembering, I think he said he thought he should be stronger) and I don't think it's helping him.

My thought is he really is working back to game shape and speed. Anthony Lynn should be spending more "quality " time with Dixon. I still want to see the Felton Dixon combo just pulverizing LBs and the DBs

Dixon has a lower-body injury, missed camp time, and gained weight. Any one of those things would be bad for a running back of his age and lack of talent, but all three of them combined are simply deadly.

Cutting Fred Jackson and keeping Anthony Dixon was bad roster management by Whaley. It wouldn't have mattered if the first two RBs hadn't gotten injured, but this is the Bills, and you have to account for Murphy's Law.

The Bills didn't keep Fred for obvious reasons, one of which they did not want to embarrass him by him not being active on game day, which he would have been the first three games. It would have been nice to have him now, sure. But you don't pay 2.5m to a #3 RB who is mostly going to be inactive.

That said, I think Whaley should have kept Brown over Boobie, and said it several times. Brown surely would have helped this week.

The Bills didn't keep Fred for obvious reasons, one of which they did not want to embarrass him by him not being active on game day, which he would have been the first three games. It would have been nice to have him now, sure. But you don't pay 2.5m to a #3 RB who is mostly going to be inactive.

That said, I think Whaley should have kept Brown over Boobie, and said it several times. Brown surely would have helped this week.

well we did not for whatever reason.

can we be done with the Brown thing yet

I don't they gave a flying F about embarassing Jackson. They didn't want to pay him.