(OT) How many TSWers watch Arena football?

envirojeff

Living in Orlando It's a pretty big deal. The Preds field a strong team every year and are right there in the thick of it every season. It's cheap to go to the games and it entertaining. Good action on the field and in the stands :blink: One big party, and a built in rivelry with Tampa named "The War on I-4".

Jeff

I have attended two Austin Wranglers games, one last year (their first season) and the opener this year. I won't say that it fills the void that the Bills leave every February (or December the last 5 years), but it is kind of fun. It is also releatively dirt cheap...the biggest problem is that, even locally, it is kind of difficult to follow the day to day things with the team. There is no "Stadium Wall", and the local paper barely covers them. But, as a one shot thing, it is pretty fun.

the biggest problem is that, even locally, it is kind of difficult to follow the day to day things with the team.  There is no "Stadium Wall", and the local paper barely covers them.  But, as a one shot thing, it is pretty fun.

239135[/snapback]

I watch indoor lacross (http://www.nll.com) and it's a lot of fun and also really cheap. Best seats in the house are only $25. Other good seats available for less than $10. It replaces hockey for me; similar game only with stick and ball instead of stick and puck. Buffalo has a team, and now Minnesota is an expansion team. The all-star game will even be broadcast on NBC.

However, I agree with you about the lack of coverage on any non-big sport. Still, fun to watch.

I've watched Arena on TV from time to time, and it just doesn't quite do it for me. It's probably better live though.

CW

When they had the Albany Firebirds I used to go to games, more in the beginning and finally I was down to 1 a year (against the Buffalo Destroyers) when they left for Indianapolis (& then folded). I went to the most games during the Bills Super Bowl years, so every year I'd go to the Super Bowl & my next "pro" football game was Arenaball.

Living in Orlando It's a pretty big deal. The Preds field a strong team every year and are right there in the thick of it every season. It's cheap to go to the games and it entertaining. Good action on the field and in the stands  :blink: One big party, and a built in rivelry with Tampa named "The War on I-4".

Jeff

239101[/snapback]

The point-a-minute scoring is just ridiculous - more of a track meet than a football game

...one of the former 'Ville gridders, Sean Scott, is playing very well for the Philly Soul and I keep tabs every now and then on how he's doing. Had a 5-TD game last week vs. Chicago.

Saw a pretty neat play on the highlight reel Sunday. Graziani (Soul QB) threw a ball from his knees 45 yards that a Soul WR caught in stride and scored on. Was a neat throw with plenty of zip on it.

Follow the two time Arena Bowl Champion San jose Sabercats. Been to every game since 1997.

Back then the QB would throw old balls in the stands between periods. At my first game, I was in the upper deck and it came right to me!

Lots of action, especially if a guy is knocked over the boards. Yeah, it fills the void for me. It's football when there is no football. Some really good guys, but too small for the NFL. Barry Wagner, one of the SJ stars is in his 12th year. He has been on 6 championship teams.

Columbus has the old Buffalo team. Last year was their first year here and I went to a couple. I couldnt name you more than three guys on the team, but it's still fun to watch live. Plus, without the Blue Jackets the games usually get close to selling out.

Columbus has the old Buffalo team. Last year was their first year here and I went to a couple. I couldnt name you more than three guys on the team, but it's still fun to watch live. Plus, without the Blue Jackets the games usually get close to selling out.

239441[/snapback]

it's a shame buffalo couldn't even support an AFL team.