Rex Ryan, Defensive Genius

LOL @ Taylor comments. 3 Int's, two right off our WR hands and one on a desperation pass trying to get in FG range before the first half ended. He easily could have had 3 TD's, 0 INT's, another rushing, 70%+ completion %, and 250+ yards. He looked like he wasn't fully seasoned on every play. Go figure. Outside of that is was a solid game. He made some plays no QB's in the NFL can make and kept fighting. Who knows how this would have finished if Sammy makes that catch on the Dig on our final drive. Taylor seems to be a last second magic guy, he was at VT and I thought he had a shot at giving us a shot on that final drive.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So one of the great defensive coaches in all of football is just simply that stupid? I'd think there was a bit more to it for example - then they'll get behind you and burn you deep or it's easier to take an angle once they make a move vs chasing. Those little dudes are quick if you're up too close it can be a problem.

They had 11 days to prepare, and they picked our defense apart. Having said that, I seem to remember Kyle Orton picking Rex's defense apart last year too. Twice. Maybe Nate Hackett was the genius after all.

LOL @ Taylor comments. 3 Int's, two right off our WR hands and one on a desperation pass trying to get in FG range before the first half ended. He easily could have had 3 TD's, 0 INT's, another rushing, 70%+ completion %, and 250+ yards. He looked like he wasn't fully seasoned on every play. Go figure. Outside of that is was a solid game. He made some plays no QB's in the NFL can make and kept fighting. Who knows how this would have finished if Sammy makes that catch on the Dig on our final drive. Taylor seems to be a last second magic guy, he was at VT and I thought he had a shot at giving us a shot on that final drive.

I agree with this 100%. If he is the worst problem we have we are all set. Unfortunetly, we all know he is way down the list. The uneducated football eye blames the QB for everything.

Ok lets look at the 3 INT:

INT 1: went threw your receivers hands and Butler makes an INCREDIBLE catch. (even the cameraman thought it was INcomplete lol)

INT 2: 5 seconds left in the half and he just chucked it downfield trying to make a play, he overshot his receiver. (No big deal here was worth the chance IMO)

INT 3: went through your WR hands (both of them) was a high pass again but catchable IMO and the D makes the catch off the deflection drill play.

None were terrible decisions, 2 were high throws (with one being INT off a great CB play) the stat line looks worse than it was.

If the Bills can't even cover 5'10'' Edelman, 11 rec for 97 yards , 2 TDs let alone Gronk , it's going to be a long season.

Ok NO one else has a Gronk! Edelman IMO is way under rated, and Dobson also had 8 catches for 90 yards yesterday and that RB (Lewis) that Ryan didnt know had 90 yards catching and 6 rushes 40 yards.. Brady spread the ball around well yesterday.