Going to Pats @ Bills Game Sunday - Few Questions

john_bult

Driving from 6 hours away to see the Bills beat the Patriots!

1. Where is the best place to park before going to the game?

2. What place has the best concessions in RWS?

3. Anyone stay at the Mark Adams Hotel? How is it? That is where we booked a few weeks ago

4. What are some of the best restaurants in Downtown Buffalo?

5. Is it better to drive up 87 to 90 or 81 to 90?

Edited by john_bult

I can say the Adams Mark is so so. I hear they are remodeling so maybe that grade is raised. It puts you downtown on the waterfront and the heart of Pegulaville. You have to do 716 atleast once. Its very nice. Try the Buffalo mac and cheese. Gotta do wings here not at the anchor bar. Any other questions ill defer to the TBD family

Driving from 6 hours away to see the Bills beat the Patriots!

1. Where is the best place to park before going to the game?

2. What place has the best concessions in RWS?

3. Anyone stay at the Mark Adams Hotel? How is it? That is where we booked a few weeks ago

4. What are some of the best restaurants in Downtown Buffalo?

5. Is it better to drive up 87 to 90 or 81 to 90?

assuming this is your first game?

1) what time you plan on getting to the game? If before 7:30 go to Hammers lot. especially if you plan on hanging out after the game some. If you plan on sticking around the site, and I hope you do, there will be some bills fans there in the lot I believe. If not, any lot will suffice, but it depends where oyu head after the game.

2) concessions are all about the same. About 5 varieties at 30 different spots.

3) nope. red roof inn all the way, though next year i'll find a random girls and save hotel expenses.

e) there is always anchor bar. the lines are not too bad and they have pizza rolls. i like danny's by the stadium, the taste of buffalo is great bang for the buck and its fun for football saturdays - we have met there the last saturdays before the opener for a while

5) it depends on what time you're talking. if you're not in the lots and area by 7:30, well, I don't know. I am in Hammers by 7am.

Adams Mark used to be the Hilton and was the main hotel downtown. Now, there are lots of newer ones including a new Hilton. It is located well, at least. Check out Blue Monk, Big Ditch Brewery, Resurgence Brewey and 716. Gabriel's Gate has best wings. Buffalo Chophouse if you want a good steak

2) concessions. ... Does not matter! Get to a lot and tailgate. Only concession that matters is the beer stand.

BTW , even if you go later and can't park at Hammers, I would find it on the map, ( believe their is a link to a map on this site) and sounds like they have famous Daves in their now. Even BBQ made the day before is going to be better than anything you get in that stadium. Plus, how you gunna eat while screaming for 3 hours? Strictly a pre and post game activity

Edited by plenzmd1

Wings -- Bar Bill (E. Aurora), Gabriel's Gate (downtown), and 716 (also downtown) has very good wings as I found out last weekend.

Sorry to say it but I think the Adam's Mark is a dump -- but you won't be in the room much anyway. Get out and walk around downtown.

To me, parking in one of the little residential lots along Abbott is the way to go. Tailgate with strangers, make friends. It's just a great environment.

Thanks to everyone who responded!

Despite the loss, my trip went very well. Left my house at ~ 11:30 and arrived at my hotel at about 6 and that included a stop at McDonalds and a gas stop. Instead of going up 87 pr 81, my phone took me up 17/86 to 20A so I went that way. Once I checked into my hotel, we walked to the 716 restaurant and had a good time and had a few drinks and got the Rib-Eye. At the game, I couldnt drink because I had to drive back 6 hours but it is definitely something I would do next year! Although if I do go next year I may go for like 3-4 days to see/do other things in the Buffalo-Niagara Falls Area!

Edited by john_bult