Vegas Line Shifts in Bills Games

eball

Hey mods -- perhaps pin this thread for folks interested in the betting aspects of our games week to week?

W2 -- Pats***

---------------

Open -- Pats*** -1

Tuesday -- early money moved line to a pick'em

Wednesday -- line back at Pats*** -1

You can track Vegas line changes here: Patriots at Bills Vegas Lines

I link this site each week in the OP of the Game Preparation Thread as seen here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/180845-week-2-patriots-game-preparation/?do=findComment&comment=3680389

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I can't blame them for +1 Buffalo as Brady has beaten us for 14 years.

Don't misunderstand, I hate this team. I'm flying up for the game and fully expect to lose my voice, and yes, we will win. I also will celebrate with Mighty Taco, and Genesee Light Beer.

Glad I won't be on your flight home...

I can't blame them for +1 Buffalo as Brady has beaten us for 14 years.

Don't misunderstand, I hate this team. I'm flying up for the game and fully expect to lose my voice, and yes, we will win. I also will celebrate with Mighty Taco, and Genesee Light Beer.

This is the first year in recent history, or maybe ever, our owner has shelled out big money for coaches and players in the same season. Hopefully it pays off with a win, another loss would be deflating...

You can track Vegas line changes here: Patriots at Bills Vegas Lines

I link this site each week in the OP of the Game Preparation Thread as seen here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/180845-week-2-patriots-game-preparation/?do=findComment&comment=3680389

Cool -- how do you get to that link? I can't find it in the vegas insider menu anywhere?

Also -- despite you including it in your pre-game prep thread I like the idea of a separate thread dedicated just to the spread.

Glad I won't be on your flight home...

That was funny. I'll take my GI medicine, but my kids will suffer for 2.5 hours early Monday morning.

This is the first year in recent history, or maybe ever, our owner has shelled out big money for coaches and players in the same season. Hopefully it pays off with a win, another loss would be deflating...

Ricos- I agree. I'm so excited we paid for top coaching, and I believe in whaley. To be clear, I just understand with the history, the Vegas guys would pick the Patriots. I still believe we will consistently be the underdog as we are the Bills and eventually after 6 games or so the talking heads will start talking about the Bills.

Ricos- I agree. I'm so excited we paid for top coaching, and I believe in whaley. To be clear, I just understand with the history, the Vegas guys would pick the Patriots. I still believe we will consistently be the underdog as we are the Bills and eventually after 6 games or so the talking heads will start talking about the Bills.

Absolutely, it's only week 2. There is no reason the Bills should be favorites against the defending SB *champs, I have no issues with it, just think it may be a little different this year...

That was funny. I'll take my GI medicine, but my kids will suffer for 2.5 hours early Monday morning.

I see these threads pop up every so often. The lines are set by the Vegas guys but it has nothing to do with who they think is going to win. In a perfect world for the wiseguys in Vegas that set the lines they want to create a line where it will draw 50% action on one side & 50% action on the other side. That way they are guaranteed 10% profit on the action with no risk involved. I was surprised by this line as I thought the line would be Pats -4 or so.

I see these threads pop up every so often. The lines are set by the Vegas guys but it has nothing to do with who they think is going to win. In a perfect world for the wiseguys in Vegas that set the lines they want to create a line where it will draw 50% action on one side & 50% action on the other side. That way they are guaranteed 10% profit on the action with no risk involved. I was surprised by this line as I thought the line would be Pats -4 or so.

Yes and no. I'll let the other Vegas junkies weigh in.

Yes and no. I'll let the other Vegas junkies weigh in.

Well that is a simplistic explanation & of course it doesn't cover all the bases. You got public money/public perception vs where the money is going on from the professionals & other variables. But the foundation of these point spreads is to get 50% action on each side.

@JaySkurski

Via @BovadaLV, the #Bills' Super Bowl odds have dropped from 50/1 to 25/1 win after their convincing Week One win over the Colts.

Also via @BovadaLV, the #Bills' better SB odds aren't helping this week. 85 percent of bets are on the Pats -1.5, their lopsided bet game.

I got to tell you I follow this stuff very closely. Vegas took an absolute beating in the sports books for opening weekend. Said it was their worse opening weekend in 20 years. Putting 2 & 2 together, I had the line figured around Patriots -4. If the line is -1.5 & 85% of the action is going on the Patriots, I don't want to jinx anything but this all points to a win for the Bills. Remember you heard it here first. Vegas very rarely loses big 2 weeks in a row.

I got to tell you I follow this stuff very closely. Vegas took an absolute beating in the sports books for opening weekend. Said it was their worse opening weekend in 20 years. Putting 2 & 2 together, I had the line figured around Patriots -4. If the line is -1.5 & 85% of the action is going on the Patriots, I don't want to jinx anything but this all points to a win for the Bills. Remember you heard it here first. Vegas very rarely loses big 2 weeks in a row.

Yep. Vegas is betting the Bills to win this week.