I hope Pats thinking like this - Andy Gresh

Or an overly religious outcast who simply can't throw

No, no, that would be if he were a 6'3" white guy who wants to play QB

I tend to not leap to conclusions either. Until I hear something stupid like that over and over again and this time from a town full of Al Campanis'.

That's the only time I've heard Tyrod called a "Wildcat QB". An obviously skunk-drunk Boston call-in to Schop and the Bulldog said "Tyrod Taylah? That sounds like something that fell off the bottom of my Cah."

I'm sure Tyrod has never, never, never in his life heard such an original and witty take on his first name.

Edited by Hopeful

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shows need advertisers. So they need ratings. So they need guys who are interesting and opinionated enough to drive the ratings.

I used to get upset when the political media types (Rush, etc.) or NFL media types (like this guy) said dumb things on the TV and radio.

But I've accepted the fact that it's just entertainment. People with no strong opinions, or moderate opinions, don't make for good entertainment. Strong opinions - even when not entirely supported by the facts - are just more interesting.

The political commentators still irritate me because they actually sway voters with their stupid, unfounded opinions and misrepresentation of facts. The NFL commentators don't bother me at all because they have no impact on what's going to happen on the field the next Sunday.

Well given that TT doesn't play wildcat let me know if you think a 6'1 white QB would have been called "wildcat" by a Boston guy. Be honest.

Given that 1 in 4 Boston guys are black, I don't think it's necessarily true that when a Boston guy uses the term "wildcat", he's using some kind of anti-black pejorative.

In this case, I think he was referring to TT's reputation as a running QB.

The fact that David Lee is our QB coach might also have had something to do with the wildcat reference.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Given that 1 in 4 Boston guys are black, I don't think it's necessarily true that when a Boston guy uses the term "wildcat", he's using some kind of anti-black pejorative.

In this case, I think he was referring to TT's reputation as a running QB.

The fact that David Lee is our QB coach might also have had something to do with the wildcat reference.

You're right. There isn't a history of race issues in Boston.

Running QB and wildcat QB are two different things. Same player profile with different skin color and that guy doesn't say he is a wildcat QB. Calling Brad Smith a wildcat QB makes sense. Calling TT one does not. Hopeful thinks it is because the reporter is an idiot. I grant that this is definitely one of the possibilities.

The David Lee thing makes sense only if you think that guy would be calling Matt Cassell a wildcat QB.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Running QB and wildcat QB are two different things. Same player profile with different skin color and that guy doesn't say he is a wildcat QB. Calling Brad Smith a wildcat QB makes sense. Calling TT one does not. Hopeful thinks it is because the reporter is an idiot. I grant that this is definitely one of the possibilities.

The David Lee thing makes sense only if you think that guy would be calling Matt Cassell a wildcat QB.

Or ignorant, don't forget ignorant. Or playing the buffoon for ratings.

Since David Lee is strongly associated with the wildcat in the NFL, I don't think we need to call the relatively statuesque Mr Cassell a "wildcat QB" to think that the small fast QB associated with Lee might have something to do with wildcat.

Whatever may be the reason for misusing the term, I do hope Mr Taylor is able to provide an educational experience for the benefit of the Boston Media this Sunday, commencing at 1 pm Eastern. Purely for philanthropic and pedagologic purposes, of course, but if he helps beat the cr@! out of the Pats*** while providing same, I'm all for it.

Edited by Hopeful

Since David Lee is strongly associated with the wildcat in the NFL, I don't think we need to call the relatively statuesque Mr Cassell a "wildcat QB" to think that the small fast QB associated with Lee might have something to do with wildcat.

Ironically, Cassel is the only Bills QB who has run a "wildcat QB" play so far.

Or ignorant, don't forget ignorant. Or playing the buffoon for ratings.

Whatever may be the reason for misusing the term, I do hope Mr Taylor is able to provide an educational experience for the benefit of the Boston Media this Sunday, commencing at 1 pm Eastern. Purely for philanthropic and pedagologic purposes, of course, but if he helps beat the cr@! out of the Pats*** while providing same, I'm all for it.

I can buy your idiot/ ignorant theory a bit perhaps......I can't buy the David Lee theory. If you asked the reporter about David Lee he would tell you that he has a sports show, not a comic book show.