The B*stard Executioner

/dev/null

I hope the critics are wrong on this one. Read something this morning from a critic who got an advance screening of the 2 hour premier and he wasn't very kind towards it. But I usually have the complete opposite opinion of the critics anyway.

It's getting mixed reviews--at least from those already out there. Some pretty good and most just OK. Only one reviewer really tanks it, at least on metacritic:

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-bastard-executioner/critic-reviews

Very nice comeback.

I thought so ... now if Skelton can make a great come back that would help me tremendously :D

I hope the critics are wrong on this one. Read something this morning from a critic who got an advance screening of the 2 hour premier and he wasn't very kind towards it. But I usually have the complete opposite opinion of the critics anyway.

That is fantastic news Critics are always wrong. I remember when Braveheart came out they said it was terrible and that is probably my all time favorite movie.

I thought so ... now if Skelton can make a great come back that would help me tremendously :D

That is fantastic news Critics are always wrong. I remember when Braveheart came out they said it was terrible and that is probably my all time favorite movie.

Braveheart received mostly favorable reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/braveheart/critic-reviews

Its Braveheart meets Game of Thrones. Predictable.

This is supposedly right after Longshanks death (Breaveheart's disembowelment).

The Duke also played the bad guy on The Last Ship. Glad he got it quick. True Blood's Bill shagging the page boy....

Peggy Bundy as the witch / hag / healer. It took me a few minutes to recognize her.

They said Nudity not nekked behinds!!! :thumbdown:

2 hour premiere kinda dragged on. But they're introducing the background and characters. I'll give it a few more episodes but was underwhelmed with the premiere

Peggy Bundy as the witch / hag / healer. It took me a few minutes to recognize her.

I recognized her immediately. Sutter too

The masked guy with the witch. Suspected it was Sutter then at the end confirmed even with the makeup

They said Nudity not nekked behinds!!! :thumbdown:

It's FX. Can only show so much

• 2 weeks later...

It was hard to follow at first, but now it's settling into standard intrigue. My predictions are that the Executioner is the son of Katy Segal and Kurt Sutter's characters, and the baroness will ask him to get her pregnant.

Also the tough priest played an IRA member on SOA.

It was hard to follow at first, but now it's settling into standard intrigue. My predictions are that the Executioner is the son of Katy Segal and Kurt Sutter's characters, and the baroness will ask him to get her pregnant.

Also the tough priest played an IRA member on SOA.

Easily foretold as she had the image flash when she touched his hand in the chapel.

The answer to the musical guest star is

https://www.google.com/search?q=ed+sheeran&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAkQ_AUoA2oVChMIke6U26ChyAIVkuCACh3i8Qn9&biw=1344&bih=770&dpr=1.25#tbm=isch&q=ed+sheeran+bastard+executioner

What an awful show. I had high hopes but it's clear to me Sutter is now just full of himself and believes in gore for gore's sake. We muddled through the two-hour premiere and last week's episode, then gave it one more shot this week. Done.

Gemma's [sic] character is painful to watch -- that accent is laughable. There's not even a particularly interesting storyline.