Bills have had discussions on trading Bryce Brown

YoloinOhio

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From who ?? Inside coaching info.I think Brown is the 2 back. From what I seen,oh heard.

Buffaloed, not doubting you just curious. If Brown is #2, then with McCoy uncertain that would make him #1. Rex made a big point about sitting the starters game 4.

Any gouge on why he played so much in game 4 if he's #2 and McCoy hoped for, but not yet 100%?

Edited by Hopeful

Buffaloed, not doubting you just curious. If Brown is #2, then with McCoy uncertain that would make him #1. Rex made a big point about sitting the starters game 4.

Any gouge on why he played so much in game 4 if he's #2 and McCoy hoped for, but not yet 100%?

I think he needed some work. Was watching his ball security.

I think the majority of fans know he's a talented runner but I disagree his fumble problem is overblown, coaches hate when RBs cough up the ball, because they will have trouble trusting the guy won't do it again next time/carry.

The problem that I have with BB is that he doesn't make the effort or show the wilingness to protect the ball. For instance, during a pre-season game he turns the corner to the right sideline, the DB is closing on him and hits him when he's still carrying the ball with his left hand/arm. This is basic stuff, you switch the ball to the other arm to protect it and to see if you can stiff arm the guy. He had time to do it but he never did on that play. Also he doesn't put the other arm around the ball when he's about to get hit, you see all RBs do this to protect the ball, at times he just doesn't

Maybe the coaches addressed this issues to no avail, maybe BB is hard headed about it and won't change his ways. I don't really know, but it's a shame because is a correctable thing.

As you said though, it's much more correctable than issues like being slow, poor balance, etc.... Is why I'll continue to argue he could easily boom

As you said though, it's much more correctable than issues like being slow, poor balance, etc.... Is why I'll continue to argue he could easily boom

I like your thinking. He doesn`t fumble that much. Blown way out. Tiki Barber had a fumbling problem his first few years and they fixed it. Bigger faster stronger and good hands are hard to find.

I'm not a fan of Dixon running with the ball. He's good for 2-3 tough yards every now and then but he's not a full time RB. That would leave us with 1 RB and 1 rookie backup. Meanwhile we have 5 TE's!

Well. He's never been used as a full time running back and he's def. made his name as a ST guy. If anyone should have chapter and verse on him that would be Roman, who did cut him.

OTOH, last year behind an atrocious OL, he had the best YPA on the team at 4.1 YPA. He's not a cut-on-a-dime guy with the speed to break big but there's something there. And there is something to say for that 2-3 tough yard ability. LIfetime he's 3.5 ypa which does move the chains (but of course the devil is in the details).

Well. He's never been used as a full time running back and he's def. made his name as a ST guy. If anyone should have chapter and verse on him that would be Roman, who did cut him.

OTOH, last year behind an atrocious OL, he had the best YPA on the team at 4.1 YPA. He's not a cut-on-a-dime guy with the speed to break big but there's something there. And there is something to say for that 2-3 tough yard ability. LIfetime he's 3.5 ypa which does move the chains (but of course the devil is in the details).

This is not a big deal and somewhat of a pet peeve of mine but Dixon wasn't cut by Roman or anyone else on the 49ers he played out his contract and was an UFA and eventually signed by the Bills because he thought he might have a better chance to run with the ball (Fred and CJ had been hurt and both were entering their last year of their contracts). Every year he somewhat overcame odds to make the 49ers roster and there really was no indication that Roman didn't like him. The 49ers had Gore and they drafted Brian Westbrook to be a change of pace.

Just to play devil's advocate, he was pressed into a starting type role in week 8 last year. He carried 22 / 44, it's a small sample size, I know, but the closest to starting and being an every down back.

This is not a big deal and somewhat of a pet peeve of mine but Dixon wasn't cut by Roman or anyone else on the 49ers he played out his contract and was an UFA and eventually signed by the Bills because he thought he might have a better chance to run with the ball

You're absolutely right, Kelly, sloppy of me. I had read somewhere that he was cut, and I didn't verify before posting - Me Bad!

Just to play devil's advocate, he was pressed into a starting type role in week 8 last year. He carried 22 / 44, it's a small sample size, I know, but the closest to starting and being an every down back.

True enough, FLbills. As points to consider I'd say: 1) we won that game 43-23, so one could argue that whatever we did on offense, it was more than enough 2) Bryce Brown was 7/15 - the Jets run D was effective 3) we led all game, and most of Dixon's runs were in the 3 or 4thQ when we were trying to 'play it safe' I guess

3 games later, Game 11, we played the Jets again and Dixon went 12/54, 4.5 ypa, while we bet the Jets 38-3 so obviously he can move the rock.

It's so hard to draw any conclusions from last year. Our run blocking was just so bad.