Would you Choose 4 SB losses vs. 1 SB win?

KingRex

Four consecutive conference championship is an unprecedented achievement.

One SB win, in a way, is not a big deal. Every year some team wins the SB.

But no team outside Buffalo has ever earned a spot in the SB four years running. That's historic.

Having said all that, I'd take the one win.

But no team outside Buffalo has ever earned a spot in the SB four years running. That's historic.

^^^^^^^ This sums it up...

Maybe I am in the minority and maybe it has to do with being a kid at the time, but I wouldn't trade the early 90's team with Tampa or New Orleans. I have had this conversation a bunch of times and people always just tell me I am wrong. I wouldn't trade that 8-10 years of dominance for one amazing season. I believe that history will smile more favorably upon the early 90's Bills than the '02 Bucs. JMO

Totally agree. And I wasn't a kid at that time.

I measure it by the amount of joy a team gives me. Not some frat boy ideology that there is one winner and 31 losers every year. Would I like the Bills to have won one of those Super Bowls? Sure. But that ride had a lot more peak moments than a boring team that manages to string together a one year Super Bowl run.

Of course at this point, after 15 years where the moments of joy have been few and far between, I'd take that one year Super Bowl run in a heartbeat.

Anyone who says they would prefer 4 loses over 1 win is crazy.

Well said