TBDers cannot vote in Alabama

Beerball

New York

In New York, if a person “being masked or in any manner disguised by unusual or unnatural attire or facial alteration, loiters, remains or congregates in a public place with other persons so masked or disguised” then that person is an illegal loiterer, unless you’re at a masquerade ball.

What about hockey masks and football helmets? What about Tailgaters in the outrageous costumes?

Maybe this does not qualify for "disguised by unusual or unnatural attire".

Illinois

Taking a snooze in a cheese factory, bake shop, confectionery, or creamery is illegal under Illinois’ Sanitary Food Preparation Act. Should you want to seduce that Gouda in the privacy of your own home, though, go right ahead.

Good thing I don't work in the cheese industry. If this said lock and dam, I'd be a goner! :D

Indiana

You may not catch fish with your bare hands anywhere in Indiana. Obviously, Indiana has a completely unrealistic view of your fishing skills.

This isn't that really strange. They don't want you "noodling" in Indiana. Some people drown while trying to noodle a a big, strong catfish from its hole on the bottom. You say, what's noodling... Let me Google that for you:

"Noodling is fishing for catfish using only bare hands, practiced primarily in the southern United States. The noodler places his hand inside a discovered catfish hole."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noodling

fish-noodling-tutorialtub-com.jpg

^^^^^^ NOTICE: Big strong (& dumb too) redneck. ^^^^^^

Is this from the Boyst family photo album? Don't worry, nobody has drowned in the family, they are all big and strong! J/K...

:D

Anyway, Holy Moly! WhoTF ever decide to try that first. Must have been one poor, desperate, starving southern mofo. "Give a man a fish... But teach him to fish..." ??? Hmmmmm

how come it is arkansas and people say it ar-kan-saw like the article points out but no one calls it kan-saw. i say we start pronouncing it kan-saw

Why is it: Da-MOYNE (Des Moines), Iowa... BUT it is DES-PLANES (Des Plaines), Illinois. Why can't we say the town in Illinois like Hervé Villechaize would? Da Planes! Da Planes!

And... Some do say Ar-kans-ass. :nana:

What about hockey masks and football helmets? What about Tailgaters in the outrageous costumes?

Players no. They are "doing something." Tailgaters, no maybe? It's the "congregates in public" thing that constitutes loitering. Tailgating, isn't really loitering, unless you stay after your welcome... :lol:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I was gonna say, what about the characters in times square??

Why is it: Da-MOYNE (Des Moines), Iowa... BUT it is DES-PLANES (Des Plaines), Illinois.

That is just plain stupid. Stupid language.

Yep!

Illinois is the most mispronounced state in The Union. I know Illinois is annoying and very noisey... The hard "S" will always pop up in the mispronounciation. Illi-NOISE. People from here will get very annoyed... YET, that magical "S" will reappear in a bunch of words when the same annoyed people make a world possessive! Like: Soldier'S Field and a slew of other establishments. ChicagoLand area is especially brutal about this.

What gives w/this crazy state... It is almost as bad as Boston!

Why is the state pronounced "AR-kan-saw" but my grandmother insists she lived on "ar-KAN-sas" Street?

Yeah! I heard somebody pronounce Missouri: MIZZ-er-A. Also said: CIN-cin-nat-a. The ending "i" turned into an "a." That's worse than Boston w/the "e" and "r" swap. Patricia O'Conner becomes Patrisher O'Conna.

Holy Redneck and New England Yankee Batman!

Illinois

Taking a snooze in a cheese factory, bake shop, confectionery, or creamery is illegal under Illinois Sanitary Food Preparation Act. Should you want to seduce that Gouda in the privacy of your own home, though, go right ahead.

Good thing I don't work in the cheese industry. If this said lock and dam, I'd be a goner! :D

Indiana

You may not catch fish with your bare hands anywhere in Indiana. Obviously, Indiana has a completely unrealistic view of your fishing skills.

In Vermont it is legal to be naked in public, however, it is illegal to disrobe in public. Which means I need to take all my clothes off prior to leaving the house to do my naked aerobics workout at the neighborhood park.

In Vermont it is legal to be naked in public, however, it is illegal to disrobe in public. Which means I need to take all my clothes off prior to leaving the house to do my naked aerobics workout at the neighborhood park.

Ha!

In a way, that kinda makes sense. Really. If you go nekkid, the gr8 hippy state of VT wants to be sure that you take seriously the nudist lifestyle! They don't want troublemakers just stripping to strip! Get what I am saying? ;-)

I get that the S is silent in Louisville, and most people call it "Louie-ville," But locals prounce it in a weird way I can't even type. It's like two and a half syllables.

Like having marbles in their mouth? Yeah, that's hard to type out. We get river pilots all the time from down south. Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Florida... Places like Houston, NOLA, Baton Rouge, etc... They all think us northerners talk too fast and are hyper... But they talk like they got sh*t and marbles in their mouths! I can barely understand them when they give us fleet & commodity info over the marine band radio.

Ha!

In a way, that kinda makes sense. Really. If you go nekkid, the gr8 hippy state of VT wants to be sure that you take seriously the nudist lifestyle! They don't want troublemakers just stripping to strip! Get what I am saying? ;-)

Last weekend I took the family up to Burlington to go to the ECHO Aquarium. On our way up, my wife noticed a (disgustingly obese) topless woman driving in the vehicle next to us. The woman turned toward us and noticed us staring, so she laughed and flopped her boob over the edge of the car window. True story.

Last weekend I took the family up to Burlington to go to the ECHO Aquarium. On our way up, my wife noticed a (disgustingly obese) topless woman driving in the vehicle next to us. The woman turned toward us and noticed us staring, so she laughed and flopped her boob over the edge of the car window. True story.

Gee... Thanks for splashing vinegar in my eyes w/that thought! :-(

Down here in the great Lone Star State, I was driving about a year ago and saw a much more, um, well adjusted topless woman. Turns out every year there's a demonstration of topless women, for like chicks rights or something.

mmmmmm....boob flop

post-307-0-49445200-1440618977_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Poojer