Kid's Day Buffalo Stampede - Opinions Needed

So I get a call from my season ticket rep a couple of days ago. He asks me if I'm planning on attending the Kid's game against the Steelers. I tell him that I am and he informs me that I've been chosen as 1 of 49 people to be on the field as part of the player introductions from the tunnel.

"That's awesome," I say.

He then tells me that I'll get a player jersey and inquires into what size I'll want. Lastly, He confirms my email address and says that they will send me info on where to go and what time to be there.

"This is really great," I tell him. "Thank you so much."

Just then a little voice in my head says to confirm everything, so I say to him, "So, the email will tell me just where my son and I have to be, right?"

"Oh," he says. "Your son won't be able to go on the field, just you."

I tell him that my son is 12 and is autistic and that there is no way I can leave him alone. After a long pause he tells me that he's sorry, but they'll have to pick someone else.

I hung up and was pretty down about the whole thing. I decided to call him back the next day. I told him that it didn't make a lot of sense to me to do this promotion on Kid's Day because anyone bringing a young child, which is the whole idea behind the evening, would have to decline.

He told me that he felt the same way once we'd hung up and that he'd gone to his supervisor to see if anything could be done, but was told that they only wanted 49 on the field, no exceptions. I then asked if they did it for a regular season game could I be included and he told me that none were scheduled, but he would put a note on my file if any do come about.

This is not a complaint. I'm appreciative of the fact that the Bills even do events like these for the fans. I also think my rep, Joe, was very professional and cordial.

I guess I just needed to vent my frustration and wonder if others think that the Kid's Day game was a bad one to pick for this promotion? I mean, even if a family had 4 tickets and 2 parents going to a game what kind of a message is it to a child to say, "Dad's going down on the field, but you're not?"

Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Pegula is cheap.

Being kids day, I'd think it should be parent with one child on the field. If a parent brings more than one child to the game they'll have to decide who their favorite is or decline like you did.

On another note, how do you think your kid would do down there with all the noise, colors, and excitement?

Pegula is cheap.

Being kids day, I'd think it should be parent with one child on the field. If a parent brings more than one child to the game they'll have to decide who their favorite is or decline like you did.

On another note, how do you think your kid would do down there with all the noise, colors, and excitement?

I took him last year and he did fine. The Bills are something that we bond over. His room is decorated in Bills paraphernalia and he watches the games with me. One of the few phrases that he says with clarity is, "Go Bills!"

Sometimes ya gotta accept the reasoning behind the big bad bean counters.

There's only so many people you can have out there at half time and only so much time to do it.

To take it personally and say it's hypocritical against single parents and parents of children with disabilities(even on kids day)

is a reach.

Sometimes ya gotta accept the reasoning behind the big bad bean counters.

There's only so many people you can have out there at half time and only so much time to do it.

To take it personally and say it's hypocritical against single parents and parents of children with disabilities(even on kids day)

is a reach.

That is a Bunch of Mularkey!

I've had a couple opportunities to be on the field at different stadiums and, in general, they are really hinkey about having kids on the field. I suspect it's an insurance issue as much as anything else. I'd imagine that the insurance companies have only gotten more strict since that young boy was killed this summer serving as a bat boy.

I took him last year and he did fine. The Bills are something that we bond over. His room is decorated in Bills paraphernalia and he watches the games with me. One of the few phrases that he says with clarity is, "Go Bills!"

For those of us, who would like to pray for him, could you provide just his first name? Even if you are not a believer, there is power in prayer.

For those of us, who would like to pray for him, could you provide just his first name? Even if you are not a believer, there is power in prayer.

I appreciate the sentiment, but my son has Tuberous Sclerosis and, as a result, autism. He is doing just fine and goes to Summit - another WNY gem, one of the finest schools for autism and other developmental delays in all of America. He has the full support of a loving family and a great support staff at school.

I do believe in prayer, but please pray for a child whose outlook isn't so bright.

**Update**

Got a call from my rep this morning. He told me that most of the other 49 selected were bringing kids and had to decline as well. He went back and talked to his supervisor and it was decided that all of the parents selected that were bringing kids would be offered special on-field passes before the game for them and the kids.

I told him how much I appreciated the gesture and that I thought it was the perfect solution. My son and I will be on the field before the game and it is just another example of why we are blessed to be fans of this great franchise.

Go Bills!

**Update**

Got a call from my rep this morning. He told me that most of the other 49 selected were bringing kids and had to decline as well. He went back and talked to his supervisor and it was decided that all of the parents selected that were bringing kids would be offered special on-field passes before the game for them and the kids.

I told him how much I appreciated the gesture and that I thought it was the perfect solution. My son and I will be on the field before the game and it is just another example of why we are blessed to be fans of this great franchise.

Go Bills!

If you get a chance, swing by the home side 35 yard line and introduce yourself to my wife and I.... We are row 1.... Tunnel side.... Congrats, making the hard and responsible choice certainly paid off!!! Have a great experience!!!