Man tries to stop plane so not to miss high school reunion

Facebook has pretty much ruined the 10 year high school reunion. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I graduated in 2007 and have only one remaining friend from high school I regularly hang out with. But due to social media I pretty much know what 90% of my graduating class is up to.

Facebook has pretty much ruined the 10 year high school reunion. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I graduated in 2007 and have only one remaining friend from high school I regularly hang out with. But due to social media I pretty much know what 90% of my graduating class is up to.

I never had a Facebook account... Never will. This place is better, it's like "radio vs. TV (Facebook). My 30th is coming up next year and I never been to one reunion. Reunions seem creepy to me.

I graudated in 1986 and know what 0.09% of my my class is doing, outside my best friend in North Carolina. Even that is weird. He was on Facebook a few years ago chatting my my son. He asked what I was doing... My son yells down to me and askes... I yell back: "Mowing the lawn where you (my son) should be!"

Facebook and other social media are way too gratuitious. Don't you want to keep people guessing? It's like the "form letter Christmas card" that some people send out. My younger sister would send out a 5 page one. Gee thanks Sis, anything you forget to tell me. I am not against LAMP's, but I am against gratuitious (which LAMP really isn't) leave nothing to the imagination social media. Again, as social media goes, places like this are cool because people have to think and remember what is going on/taking place. It takes years! Not seconds! Again: "radio."

At first i thought it might have been one of my classmates as I had my 40th reunion this past weekend. Thank god for Facebook, It let the people track down fellow classmates to ask them if they wanted to come. We had over 100 of the 350 or so classmates show up. We had people from as far as Palm Springs, Phoenix and Florida showed up. I was so glad I went. Most of the women and men had gained weight and most guys had a lot less hair, but after a few seconds, it was like 40 years hadn't passed. I suggest that everyone go to theirs when they come up. With Facebook, were are still conversing . Tuesday, I met up with several people at Larkinville from my class and had a nice evening talking about old times and finding out what has happened in the last 40 years.

At first i thought it might have been one of my classmates as I had my 40th reunion this past weekend. Thank god for Facebook, It let the people track down fellow classmates to ask them if they wanted to come. We had over 100 of the 350 or so classmates show up. We had people from as far as Palm Springs, Phoenix and Florida showed up. I was so glad I went. Most of the women and men had gained weight and most guys had a lot less hair, but after a few seconds, it was like 40 years hadn't passed. I suggest that everyone go to theirs when they come up. With Facebook, were are still conversing . Tuesday, I met up with several people at Larkinville from my class and had a nice evening talking about old times and finding out what has happened in the last 40 years.

For what. In high school you have like only 4-5 REALLY REALLY close friends. All the other ones are meh.

If you keep in contact with the 4-5 really close friends, what's the point. Do you really have interest in the other 295 that you just said hi to every now and then?