Fan Advisory Board meeting 8/22 - any questions?

Blame the s***heads who light up in the stands that ruin it for all of you. I'm a fan of the rule.

Then deal with the handful of people who light up in the stands or offer a smoking area. Passing a ruling on everyone = nanny state

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then deal with the handful of people who light up in the stands or offer a smoking area. Passing a ruling on everyone = nanny state

Smoking's not a right, buddy. You don't have to go to the stadium if you don't want to.

Smoking's not a right, buddy. You don't have to go to the stadium if you don't want to.

The OP asked if people have issues they want brought up at the meeting. I have an issue to be brought up at the meeting. NFL stadiums allow smoking and I want the Bills new policy reversed. Pretty simple, let's not derail the thread, it's good of Jay to ask for input.

Edited by driddles

The OP asked if people have issues they want brought up at the meeting. I have an issue to be brought up at the meeting. NFL stadiums allow smoking and I want the Bills new policy reversed. Pretty simple, let's not derail the thread, it's good of Jay to ask for input.

I thought the smoking thing was a New York State issue

The smoking policy has been evolving over time, responding to ongoing abuses. As soon as they prohibited smoking within the bowl itself, some (NOT ALL) people continued to try to smoke there even though there were specified areas where it was allowed. It has gotten to a point where enforcement of the rules in place (again due to continued abuse) has taken so much security/police attention away from where it is needed that the Bills have now not only prohibited smoking from all areas, they have actually prohibited bringing tobacco products into the stadium. There's now no grey area. You are caught with tobacco products, you get rid of it (no more "just put it out") or you're gone.

Don't blame the team for the bahavior that forced this drastic action.

Here's a link to the smoking policies of all NFL teams. Buffalo is not the only one that completely prohibits smoking.

http://www.no-smoke.org/pdf/smokingpoliciesNFLstadiums.pdf

The smoking policy comes up at every meeting. It is what it is.

I thought the smoking thing was a New York State issue

i know many stadiums still do outdoor smokers corrals outside one of the gates after kickoff. essentially set up some police barricades and send a guard out there to make sure no one sneaks into the stadium. he mentioned detroit, i know new orleans does it. not sure if the state said no to this. seems practical, but im not losing sleep either way if the bills make the decision on how they want to handle it.

Ask why is the NFL waiting till the last minute to release the codes for NFL Game Pass? This is an advertised perk of being a season ticket holder. What is the hold up?

So do you get a code per season ticket...or is it one code no matter how many tickets you purchase?

I would love to get a hold of a code as an out of town fan if it was 1 per ticket....just saying :-)

Exiting Lot 5 is an absolute nightmare. There should be constant flow out onto Southwestern. It was never as bad as it's been the last couple years.

Do other folks have specific areas where exiting the lots is routinely bad? I will compile these and present them.

The smoking policy has been evolving over time, responding to ongoing abuses. As soon as they prohibited smoking within the bowl itself, some (NOT ALL) people continued to try to smoke there even though there were specified areas where it was allowed. It has gotten to a point where enforcement of the rules in place (again due to continued abuse) has taken so much security/police attention away from where it is needed that the Bills have now not only prohibited smoking from all areas, they have actually prohibited bringing tobacco products into the stadium. There's now no grey area. You are caught with tobacco products, you get rid of it (no more "just put it out") or you're gone.

Don't blame the team for the bahavior that forced this drastic action.

Here's a link to the smoking policies of all NFL teams. Buffalo is not the only one that completely prohibits smoking.

http://www.no-smoke.org/pdf/smokingpoliciesNFLstadiums.pdf

The smoking policy comes up at every meeting. It is what it is.

Not trying to be a wiseass... but if it comes up at every meeting you'd think that would send some kind of message to the powers that be? Anyway, thanks for asking about our concerns. It's appreciated.

Not trying to be a wiseass... but if it comes up at every meeting you'd think that would send some kind of message to the powers that be? Anyway, thanks for asking about our concerns. It's appreciated.

to come up every meeting simply clears the bar of 1 person in the meeting feeling passionate enough to bring it up.

We have smokers on the Fan Advisory Board. But I think people see the greater benefits of freeing up security personnel for more applicable duties. It's unfortunate that the actions of a minority screwed up the compromise that was worked out (designated smoking areas outside the seating area/concourses), but they did and these are the consequences.

In addition to some of the other issues already mentioned:

Please ask them to allow season ticket holders to sell preseason games on the NFL Ticket Exchange for less than face value.

A few years ago, I was allowed to do this, but not for the past couple of years. I am an out-of-town season ticket holder and (as everyone else) have to buy the preseason games as part of the package. Fine, whatever. Nevertheless, given that there is less demand for preseason games, I would at least like to re-capture some of my investment. [Fortunately, this year, I was able to sell the Pittsburgh game for the face value. Yet, it does not appear that I will be able to sell the Carolina game on the NFL Ticket Exchange].

Thanks.

to come up every meeting simply clears the bar of 1 person in the meeting feeling passionate enough to bring it up.

Fair enough. I'm not pretending to know how the process works.

Without reading through all the policies, does anyone know off hand if smokeless tobacco is also against policy to have on your person?

We have smokers on the Fan Advisory Board. But I think people see the greater benefits of freeing up security personnel for more applicable duties. It's unfortunate that the actions of a minority screwed up the compromise that was worked out (designated smoking areas outside the seating area/concourses), but they did and these are the consequences.

Fair enough I suppose. Thanks Jay.

Fair enough. I'm not pretending to know how the process works.

Without reading through all the policies, does anyone know off hand if smokeless tobacco is also against policy to have on your person

http://www.buffalobills.com/tickets/stadium/permitted-prohibited-items.html

To avoid delays at the gate, for the safety of our guests and for the enjoyment of all guests at the game, the following items are PROHIBITED at Ralph Wilson Stadium:

· ** NEW – Tobacco products - including cigarettes/electronic cigarettes, chewing tobacco, lighters/matches *

In the event of an impending takeover of the area by hostile forces bent on destroying Batman, what safety measures are in place to prevent the field from cracking into fissures?

The whole smoking thing reminds of this guy we hired at work...comes in and just starts toking away on his electronic cigarette on his first day and our operations manager looks over and sees the smoke and is like "WTF is wrong with you".

Edited by jeremy2020

In the event of an impending takeover of the area by hostile forces bent on destroying Batman, what safety measures are in place to prevent the field from cracking into fissures?

I'd say Kiko Alonso, but that was 2013.

Thank you.

You're welcome.

In addition to some of the other issues already mentioned:

Please ask them to allow season ticket holders to sell preseason games on the NFL Ticket Exchange for less than face value.

A few years ago, I was allowed to do this, but not for the past couple of years. I am an out-of-town season ticket holder and (as everyone else) have to buy the preseason games as part of the package. Fine, whatever. Nevertheless, given that there is less demand for preseason games, I would at least like to re-capture some of my investment. [Fortunately, this year, I was able to sell the Pittsburgh game for the face value. Yet, it does not appear that I will be able to sell the Carolina game on the NFL Ticket Exchange].

Thanks.

I'm not sure this is a team thing, but I can definitely ask about it. I will say that I bet no team wants to have tickets available for less than what they are trying to charge. Perhaps once a game is sold out this might be an option, but I wonder how many preseason games sell out.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

You're welcome.

I'm not sure this is a team thing, but I can definitely ask about it. I will say that I bet no team wants to have tickets available for less than what they are trying to charge. Perhaps once a game is sold out this might be an option, but I wonder how many preseason games sell out.

Thanks.