Bills training camp practice 8/11

If they only care about click bait, why are they writing the same story? Wouldn't one guy get more clicks if he wrote the only story that said, despite a bad week in practice, EJ is still in the lead. . I guarantee that story would get far more interest than the stories about Cassel starting

You're probably right. It would generate more clicks and further stir the pot on message boards. Which leads me back to believing that they really don't know so they are defaulting to the next best thing. I'm sure they do have some stakes in what they write which is why they are pushing Cassel and not writing that EJ or TT has looked better one day or the other. He has been consistently decent. No real highs and no real lows (other than yesterday which was against the 3's). TT and EJ have been up, down and sideways.

If TT had a good scrimmage last week I would bet they would be pushing him as the QB but since he didn't show it's back to the default.

JMO

Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PHOTOS: Bills Camp Week Two
Check out photos of the action as Bills Camp rolls on with the final practices before the first preseason game of 2015.

Watch: Tuesday Highlights, Running Game Success (3:30)
John Murphy recaps the news and notes of Tuesday's practice including the offense working on clock management, running game success, battles at tight end and more.

You're probably right. It would generate more clicks and further stir the pot on message boards. Which leads me back to believing that they really don't know so they are defaulting to the next best thing. I'm sure they do have some stakes in what they write which is why they are pushing Cassel and not writing that EJ or TT has looked better one day or the other. He has been consistently decent. No real highs and no real lows (other than yesterday which was against the 3's). TT and EJ have been up, down and sideways.

If TT had a good scrimmage last week I would bet they would be pushing him as the QB but since he didn't show it's back to the default.

JMO

I don't think that they are pushing Cassel but are trying to connect the dots.

I don't think that they are pushing Cassel but are trying to connect the dots.

They were pushing since ota's. Joe B is referenced in an NFL.com article. Probably even when they signed him they jumped on the Cassel wagon and are now riding it out.

They were pushing since ota's. Joe B is referenced in an NFL.com article. Probably even when they signed him they jumped on the Cassel wagon and are now riding it out.

Why is that surprising? Bills front office & Ryan were clear from the start of the offseason that they were looking to upgrade the QB position. Since EJ was the only holdover QB, it shouldn't be surprising that they wanted better play than what he provided in the past. When they failed to sign McCown or trade for Bradford, Cassel was up next and seen as the favorite back then to nab the starting role. I think that's what the reporters wrote back then.

Now comes the competition, and the reporters are connecting the dots from what they see & hear.

Why is that surprising? Bills front office & Ryan were clear from the start of the offseason that they were looking to upgrade the QB position. Since EJ was the only holdover QB, it shouldn't be surprising that they wanted better play than what he provided in the past. When they failed to sign McCown or trade for Bradford, Cassel was up next and seen as the favorite back then to nab the starting role. I think that's what the reporters wrote back then.

Now comes the competition, and the reporters are connecting the dots from what they see & hear.

An upgrade to Orton, which might be Meh, or TT or yes even EJ. The holdover needs to "up" his game or show enough to ensure that his better games will be more than his rotten games

So tell me again why they would be pushing one QB over another?

who the mediots?

Because they don't want EJ. they assume Moron's failures are his..

my comments earlier were in reference to this

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/10/search-for-consistency-at-qb-goes-on-for-bills/

“I think maybe I was looking for a little separation or somebody would rise to the occasion,” Ryan said. “But that really didn’t happen.”

Ryan said the three “had their moments” in the scrimmage, and that Manuel “had the best of the scrimmage.”

“So, you know, I’m looking for that consistent guy that’s going to be at the top each time out.”

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

So first you ask why would they push one QB over another and then ask why wouldn't they push one QB over another? Kind of contradicting don't you think?

So first you ask why would they push one QB over another and then ask why wouldn't they push one QB over another? Kind of contradicting don't you think?

Where am I saying that they're pushing one over the other?

Wiz you are often creating some good dialogue Imo.

I dont think Bills/ Ryan are pushing anything honestly> i think they are going through the rigamarole to feel out the players development.

And i must mention not show their hand in any way.

its probably a science of sorts.

Fan get a shout once in a while too i bet. with that deep pass to sammy ( and there was great rejoicing ! )

But smart money says Bills are playing close to the vest. Whether they are very confident or quite sketchy l

we are just guessing till the Panthers. then we get the old man glasses out and start paying attention. all fluff for now even injury reports. ( just ask Bill B )

Edited by 3rdand12

I said they have been pushing Cassel since OTA's and you said, "why is that surprising?" as if you expected them to be pushing Cassel.

No they wrote about Cassel's odds when he was acquired and are now connecting the dots leading up to the first game. All along the odds have been that Cassel was the favorite to start. That story line has not changed. The only thing that gave people hope was that EJ or TT would really step up, which they haven't yet.

@viccarucci

Per usual training camp form, #Bills coach Rex Ryan is treating players & coaches to a movie night. Southpaw in honor of his former Jet QB?

But ... we are playing the Panthers !

Nose to the grindstone and all that eh ?

No they wrote about Cassel's odds when he was acquired and are now connecting the dots leading up to the first game. All along the odds have been that Cassel was the favorite to start. That story line has not changed. The only thing that gave people hope was that EJ or TT would really step up, which they haven't yet.

Cassel has been the most likely to start until one of the others got their feet under them. agreed

Wiz you are often creating some good dialogue Imo.

I dont think Bills/ Ryan are pushing anything honestly> i think they are going through the rigamarole to feel out the players development.

And i must mention not show their hand in any way.

its probably a science of sorts.

Fan get a shout once in a while too i bet. with that deep pass to sammy ( and there was great rejoicing ! )

But smart money says Bills are playing close to the vest. Whether they are very confident or quite sketchy l

we are just guessing till the Panthers. then we get the old man glasses out and start paying attention. all fluff for now even injury reports. ( just ask Bill B )

Thanks for the positive comment and I agree.

That's fair. I really wasn't trying to call you out but the way you put it the first time didn't line up with the way I read it.