Travis Henry to the Eagles?

marck

I brought this post up before the Super Bowl and I was snubbed by a couple of Eagle fans who stated that Brian Westbrrok was the man and could run on the Patriots. I guess that was proven to not be correct wasn't it Eagle fans.

Now, back to the point of where Travis would be best suited to go. The Eagles need a hard-nosed inside the tackles runner who can make first downs and spin the clock to close out games. TH would be perfect for that system. Also the Eagles have a lot of salary cap space and would be able to easily extend his contract.

The downside is that he is a poor blocker and mid-level receiver and that may impact his usefulness in the Eagles system.

The best backs in the draft will all be gone by the time Philadelphia picks in the 1st round and might just give the Bills their choice they got from Miami in the Feeley trade.

This would be a best case trade for both teams as it gives TH to a team who really needs his skills, a draft choice to the Bills and removes the locker room issues with WM and TH both deserving of a starting spot. It also saves the Bills 1.5 M on the cap.

Just looking for opinions.

Westbrook, 14 carries for 49 yards, one carry at the end of the half for 20 yards.

New, 13 carries for 29 yards.

See how this trade would make sense.

IIRC the Eagles were something like 16 rushes and 51 passes in the SB.  The Ghost of Kilbride...

They're happy with Westbrook, when they get around to running him.

235852[/snapback]

Westbrook, 14 carries for 49 yards, one carry at the end of the half for 20 yards.

New, 13 carries for 29 yards.

See how this trade would make sense.

235861[/snapback]

TH is worth a late 3rd and the proverbial pitcher of warm spit. A 1,000 yard back is only 63 yards per game, and a team with a halfway decent O-line and decent game plans can get that amount out of lots of current NFL backs.

Westbrook was also among the leaders in pass receptions and yards among RBs. He had over 1500 yards from scrimmage in 2004. He is a better back the TH and with much more upside. Also, they still have Correll Buckhalter, who looked great in 03 and was supposed to be the starter this year. No way in hell does Philly give up their #2 for Travis.

Thats just it, our OL has been subpar during TH's 1000 yd seasons, and he ran for 1300, and 1400yds.

He should be capable of more behind a quality OL

but I agree it will be a challenge to get a #2 for him this year.

235914[/snapback]

Threr's a school of thought that feel TH got his yards because of the performance of DB and the Kilbride offensive plans, which in kind of an unintended consequence way used the (often ineffective and frequently invoked) pass game to set up the run.

I wish him well. Who knows? Maybe he'll stay put.

Westbrook is a poor man's Thurman Thomas.

235864[/snapback]

Just how poor of a man are we talking about here? I mean you must be talking about a guy who lives in a refrigerator box, wears newspapers for clothing and eats left over garbage right?

No way does this trade get made. Remember, the Eagles have Westbrook and a healthy Correl Buckhalter next year. That gives them two quality backs, and no need for them to get Henry.

235947[/snapback]

Hey its my roommate!... i gotta agree with ya that the trade wont get made with the iggles...they really have no need for TH...we will get a 2nd rounder for him tho, or a 2006 first...

Hey its my roommate!... i gotta agree with ya that the trade wont get made with the iggles...they really have no need for TH...we will get a 2nd rounder for him tho, or a 2006 first...

236094[/snapback]

Finally, someone that knows what they're talking about around here. :ph34r:

Won't get done, not to Philly. Teams that need a RB, well, my Dolphelons, Frisco, Bears, Raiders, and maybe even the Cards. But outside of those teams, I dont see him going anywhere. And don't be shocked, or pissed, when you only get a third and a vet for him.

Finally, someone that knows what they're talking about around here.  :ph34r:

Won't get done, not to Philly. Teams that need a RB, well, my Dolphelons, Frisco, Bears, Raiders, and maybe even the Cards. But outside of those teams, I dont see him going anywhere. And don't be shocked, or pissed, when you only get a third and a vet for him.

236203[/snapback]

Yes, well, I like to think of it as the fact that we're Bills fans means we know what we're talking about. *coudh* Dullfan *cough*

Yes, well, I like to think of it as the fact that we're Bills fans means we know what we're talking about. *coudh* Dullfan *cough*

236215[/snapback]

hey man go easy one him, hes a very knowledgeable football fan all around...i know hes handicapped in that hes a dolfelon fan, but hey, now we can get more decent info from that side of the line...

No way does this trade get made. Remember, the Eagles have Westbrook and a healthy Correl Buckhalter next year. That gives them two quality backs, and no need for them to get Henry.

235947[/snapback]

Buckhalter will not be back with the Eagles in "05. Henry in combination with Westbrook would make an excellent duo. Give up that # 2 Andy Reid.