Travis Henry to the Eagles?

marck

I responded to you prior post on your "Henry to Philly" idea. Regardless of what happened in the Superbowl that post still applies, so I quote it here:

"here is why Westbrook is a far better RB than Henry for Philly. Your claim that you "don't think their offensive philosophy will hold up in 2005," is incredible considering that Andy Reid is dedicated to their west-coast hybrid system. They drafted Westbrook with that system in mind because the can stretch the field by lining him up as a wide out, creating serious match up issues. They are also able to use multiple formations using westbrook because he has taken well to the mental agility required by Reid's system. Simply stated, Westbrook is the perfect back for them.

The same can not be said for Henry. He is not a credible threat when lined up wide. He also can not handle the mental requirements of the system. Henry barely could handle a scaled back version of the Bills' system. He would CONSTANTLY screw up blitz pickups, run the wrong way on plays, and line up incorrectly. He is a stupid one dimensional back who would comically fail in Reid's system."

I responded to you prior post on your "Henry to Philly" idea. Regardless of what happened in the Superbowl that post still applies, so I quote it here:

"here is why Westbrook is a far better RB than Henry for Philly. Your claim that you "don't think their offensive philosophy will hold up in 2005," is incredible considering that Andy Reid is dedicated to their west-coast hybrid system. They drafted Westbrook with that system in mind because the can stretch the field by lining him up as a wide out, creating serious match up issues. They are also able to use multiple formations using westbrook because he has taken well to the mental agility required by Reid's system. Simply stated, Westbrook is the perfect back for them.

The same can not be said for Henry. He is not a credible threat when lined up wide. He also can not handle the mental requirements of the system. Henry barely could handle a scaled back version of the Bills' system. He would CONSTANTLY screw up blitz pickups, run the wrong way on plays, and line up incorrectly. He is a stupid one dimensional back who would comically fail in Reid's system."

236283[/snapback]

Good post. One of Walsh's tenants is minimal offensive substitution. Reid obviously agrees.