Obama about to open the jail cells

Obama set to pardon non-violent prisoners,you know,the ones that sell heroin to kids and steal our cars.He's visiting a federal prison this week.I wonder why.Could it be that democrat votes from these fine individuals are needed?It's time to take America back from the crazies.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama set to pardon non-violent prisoners,you know,the ones that sell heroin to kids and steal our cars.He's visiting a federal prison this week.I wonder why.Could it be that democrat votes from these fine individuals are needed?It's time to take America back from the crazies.

He's releasing them, but their convictions still stand, so no, none of them will receive the franchise. Convicted felons cannot vote. Further, my understanding of the situation is the most (possibly all?) of these individuals were sentenced when at a time when the penalties for the crimes they committed were much harsher, and that the sentences they are currently serving don't align with those currently administered by our justice system for the same exact crimes. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with this.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

You're not very good at critical thinking, are you?

He's releasing them, but their convictions still stand, so no, none of them will receive the franchise. Convicted felons cannot vote. Further, my understanding of the situation is the most (possibly all?) of these individuals were sentenced when at a time when the penalties for the crimes they committed were much harsher, and that the sentences they are currently serving don't align with those currently administered by our justice system for the same exact crimes. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with this.

Convicted felons cannot vote just like illegal aliens cannot vote.YET.You don't see why anyone could have a problem with this? Ask any of the millions of Americans that have suffered from the actions of these convicted felons.

Edited by Very wide right

Convicted felons cannot vote just like illegal aliens cannot vote.YET

I see, so you're worried that that the commuting of the sentences of 46 non-violent drug offenders will swing the 2016 federal elections in favor of the Democrats? And that worry is enough for you to keep these individuals locked away, even though their sentences don't reflect those of the current justice system?

Are you sure you want to hang your hat on that, and don't want to think that through again?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

What I like is the way this is described as "reforming the law."

Yes, granting clemency is within the executive's powers. But the portrayal of it as fixing incorrect laws as if it ain't no thing is worrying.

I see, so you're worried that that the commuting of the sentences of 46 non-violent drug offenders will swing the 2016 federal elections in favor of the Democrats? And that worry is enough for you to keep these individuals locked away, even though their sentences don't reflect those of the current justice system?

Are you sure you want to hang your hat on that, and don't want to think that through again?

Not talkng about the 46.Just heard today that he is heading to Oklahoma on Thursday to visit a prison and speak to inmates.Just speculation but I think the writing is on the wall .

Ask the millions of Americans whom have suffered at the hands of these 46 non-violent drug offenders?

Again not talking about the 46.Thats my fault I should have been more specific.Im very concerned that he is about to release thousands according to his recent comments.

Ask the millions of Americans whom have suffered at the hands of these 46 non-violent drug offenders?

Very Wide Troll believes anyone who has any fun, at any point in their lives, must have committed a crime. Much like the crimes against humanity he commits on this board with his posts.

Not talkng about the 46.Just heard today that he is heading to Oklahoma on Thursday to visit a prison and speak to inmates.Just speculation but I think the writing is on the wall .

So now you're worried about graffiti as well and the non-violent drug offenders?

Again not talking about the 46.Thats my fault I should have been more specific.Im very concerned that he is about to release thousands according to his recent comments.

Show me any evidence that his plans are to release massive amounts of inmates. You can't. There's a reason he released 46 carefully chosen individuals rather than thousands. But with that said, why shouldn't he release them? It's within his authority, they are non-violent offenders, their sentences aren't in line with that of the American justice system, and their continued imprisonment is costing tax payers millions of dollars.

Tell the whole story, why don't you? They are all going to a half-way house and will be able to get work release as long as it is at Toys R Us. Demeaning still, but not as bad as prison.

So now you're worried about graffiti as well and the non-violent drug offenders?

Show me any evidence that his plans are to release massive amounts of inmates. You can't. There's a reason he released 46 carefully chosen individuals rather than thousands. But with that said, why shouldn't he release them? It's within his authority, they are non-violent offenders, their sentences aren't in line with that of the American justice system, and their continued imprisonment is costing tax payers millions of dollars.

Cant show you evidence.As I said earlier it's just speculation at this point based on Obamas statements of late.The graffiti was a nice touch though.

Obama just spoke before the NAACP and stated that he would be the first sitting president to visit a federal prison and stated that the felons should be able to vote.Of course this was met with cheers by those in attendance because we all know the minority population is incarcerated simply because they are minorities.Looks like my "speculation" is growing legs.

Obama just spoke before the NAACP and stated that he would be the first sitting president to visit a federal prison and stated that the felons should be able to vote.Of course this was met with cheers by those in attendance because we all know the minority population is incarcerated simply because they are minorities.Looks like my "speculation" is growing legs.

You're a fool. The only thing more dangerous is a fool with a cause.