Projecting contracts for upcoming Bills FAs

i dont think its a hard take to understand, if you stop trying to prove it wrong.

we paid mccoy a top notch market value contract, and gave up extra to get him. if hes the straw that stirs the drink, great, sometime you have to do that.

then you have clay who we had to give a top notch contract, and its possible we were bidding against ourselves a little to try and make sure it hurt the dolphins. if hes the straw that stirs the drink great, sometimes you have to do that.

when you look at them individually its easy to make the argument, barley is simply saying you can only make that argument so many times, and they better work out great.

OK fair enough

I am just trying to say that I understand why they did what they did.

There was a time when the team rolled on that "cash to cap" model and that absolutely has not worked out for us.......now they are going to other direction and it is a unknown whether it will work out for us...but at least they are trying.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK fair enough

I am just trying to say that I understand why they did what they did.

There was a time when the team rolled on that "cash to cap" model and that absolutely has not worked out for us.......now they are going to other direction and it is a unknown whether it will work out for us...but at least they are trying.

People get very hung up on models.... but any model you are running is only as good ultimately as the decisions that are made and the people that are making them. The McCoy deal in particular better work out in the short term because it is going to hurt us long term.

Justin Houston got paid!

@AroundTheNFL: Chiefs lock up Justin Houston: six years, $101M with $52.5M in guarantees, per @Rand_Getlin and @AlbertBreer

http://t.co/BwQEDVY1Wc

@spotrac: Players set to benefit from Houstons big payday:

#Broncos Von Miller (expires after 2015)

#Bills Mario Williams (likely restructure)

Crap. It looks like that projected Dareus contract of 6 years, $105M total with $55M guaranteed from the article in your original post is pretty dead on. Perhaps it could be done as an extension.

People get very hung up on models.... but any model you are running is only as good ultimately as the decisions that are made and the people that are making them. The McCoy deal in particular better work out in the short term because it is going to hurt us long term.

cash to cap really isnt terrible as long as you are willing to bend on signing bonus for a franchise qb, or other outlier situations.

like you said, you just have to give that cash to the right people. when thats kelsay, and dockery, and.... you draft guys like whitner and maybin in the top 15 as your cheap difference makers.... well....

cash to cap really isnt terrible as long as you are willing to bend on signing bonus for a franchise qb, or other outlier situations.

like you said, you just have to give that cash to the right people. when thats kelsay, and dockery, and.... you draft guys like whitner and maybin in the top 15 as your cheap difference makers.... well....

Exactly.