Free Windows 10 Upgrade Beginning 7/29: Who's in?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Problem: Can anyone help?

I have 7 different computers in 3 locations. 5 of them have Windows 7, 2 of them have Windows 8.

I upgraded the 2 Windows 8 computers and they run fine. It took about 90 minutes per machine.

I upgraded 4 of the 5 Windows 7 computers and they run fine. It took about 3 hours per machine.

The 7th computer runs Windows 7. At the bottom of the computer it has the Windows 10 icon. When you click the icon it shows this:

windows-10-reservation-install.png

When I click the balloon, I get a small window that opens up. The window should look something like this:

windows_10_iso.jpg

Instead, this window is completely blank with a white background,

Any ideas?

Problem: Can anyone help?

I have 7 different computers in 3 locations. 5 of them have Windows 7, 2 of them have Windows 8.

I upgraded the 2 Windows 8 computers and they run fine. It took about 90 minutes per machine.

I upgraded 4 of the 5 Windows 7 computers and they run fine. It took about 3 hours per machine.

The 7th computer runs Windows 7. At the bottom of the computer it has the Windows 10 icon. When you click the icon it shows this:

windows-10-reservation-install.png

When I click the balloon, I get a small window that opens up. The window should look something like this:

windows_10_iso.jpg

Instead, this window is completely blank with a white background,

Any ideas?

You can download and install from this link: Windows 10

Use the above Windows 10 link to download and install the upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

One more issue:

Start>Settings>Update & Security

There are six options and five of them work fine.

"Windows Update" option does not work. When I click it I only get scrolling dots, no matter how long I leave the computer on.

Not sure. I'd take a look or ask for help here: http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/