cooking for my wife's birthday- where is retatta recipe?

jester43

I want to show her how much she means to me by cooking her dinner for her birthday on Weds....but I'll only have an hour to prepare it.

I remember this really delicious-sounding recipe from the TBD cookbook that took exactly that long. Something to do with macaroni and pickle juice. Can anyone find and post it? I tried and just kept getting 404s.

Thanks, friends.

the mac and pickle juice makes me wonder if this is serious but if it is... here's another idea that's quick, easy and pretty sure to please. i did it earlier this year: seared scallops, grilled beef tenderloin with beure blanc sauce, grilled or flash fried (in butter of couse) asparagus. garnish with a dozen quality long stem roses, a nice shiraz and candlelight.

the mac and pickle juice makes me wonder if this is serious but if it is... here's another idea that's quick, easy and pretty sure to please. i did it earlier this year: seared scallops, grilled beef tenderloin with beure blanc sauce, grilled or flash fried (in butter of couse) asparagus. garnish with a dozen quality long stem roses, a nice shiraz and candlelight.

:doh:

I want to show her how much she means to me by cooking her dinner for her birthday on Weds....but I'll only have an hour to prepare it.

I remember this really delicious-sounding recipe from the TBD cookbook that took exactly that long. Something to do with macaroni and pickle juice. Can anyone find and post it? I tried and just kept getting 404s.

Thanks, friends.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/25951-oh-this-is-nicereal-nice/

Scroll down to post #10

it's good general advice. a happy wife, happy life. i'm guessing you're lacking both.

I'm guessing that ignorance really is bliss. How is it even a question whether the OP is serious? What reasonable person would cook 'retatta' or "retard fritatta" for their significant other on their birthday???

yes, that's as far as i got. but I need the EXACT recipe as it was originally written in the TBD cookbook TO GET IT JUST RIGHT.

i tried the waybackmachine but all i got was links that 404d on me.

i was hoping someone had it...somehow. too good to let just disappear.

elbow macaroni...eggs...pickle juice.

that's all i remember, but i know the recipe was exquisite.

anyone?

Besides BiB & T-Log, who else ?

Those two, and maybe another unconfirmed one. Coli is figuratively dead.

Maybe the ghost of Thailog can redeem himself by helping with the search for the escapees

Those two, and maybe another unconfirmed one. Coli is figuratively dead.

Maybe the ghost of Thailog can redeem himself by helping with the search for the escapees

Missed what happened to Coli? Always liked his takes.

The hard part is not the escape itself; it's figuring a plan to survive long-term on the outside with no money, no identity, friends being surveilled, etc., all while being hunted down by the resources of the state.

Edited by Jon in Pasadena