Panthers sign Cam Newton through 2020

team friendly, imo.

i'd sign him to the bills on that contract in a second.

So would I, see below

OC does matter to the success of a QB I give you that. If smith's stats are inflated because of playing from behind shouldn't Cams? Once again I think Cams good, no doubt, just not top four good In saying that I would have loved to see him come here. This team would be thinking Super Bowl.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cam Newton isn't worth 103.5 million and he is a jerk not a nice guy. His last year of school was a joke he should of been not allowed to participate in the games. He cheated on tests had people take them for him.

Cam Newton isn't worth 103.5 million and he is a jerk not a nice guy. His last year of school was a joke he should of been not allowed to participate in the games. He cheated on tests had people take them for him.

He's the man. No one cares. Bills win 14 games with Cam's elite talents behind center.

Disagree with all here who think he's not elite.

He's the man. No one cares. Bills win 14 games with Cam's elite talents behind center.

Disagree with all here who think he's not elite.

This. Cam can buy all the laptops and paint he wants now, while chucking up fades to Kelvin Benjamin.

Cam Newton is not elite, he's very good. People throw around that term too loosely. If everyone is elite, no one is elite.

Elite - Rodgers, Brady, Manning.

I'm not even sure if Brees is elite anymore. Guys like Luck, Wilson and Newton are rising, but haven't become elite yet. IMO.

Cam Newton is not elite, he's very good. People throw around that term too loosely. If everyone is elite, no one is elite.

Elite - Rodgers, Brady, Manning.

I'm not even sure if Brees is elite anymore. Guys like Luck, Wilson and Newton are rising, but haven't become elite yet. IMO.

Agreed. I do think Cam is in the small group of QBs that actually win games for their teams singlehandedly.

Although the guy is supremely talented his ego is bigger than anything he carries on the field !

This guy reminds me a lot of Kellen Winslow Jr. when he came out all mouth saying he's as good as he is & wearing the #1 , & the superman thing when he scores , it's to much for me but i guess not for the Panthers .

That's alright they can have him !!

What ever happened to the guys that come out , do there job , & go to the bench ? Like a Pete Metzlars , or Montana ? There was no "LOOK AT ME I'M THE FREAKIN GREATEST JUST ASK ME" attitude they played & it was about the team ...

Now the contracts are getting as bad or worse than baseball ! It's almost time to go to watching college !!

After the Bills win a Super Bowl !!

Although the guy is supremely talented his ego is bigger than anything he carries on the field !

This guy reminds me a lot of Kellen Winslow Jr. when he came out all mouth saying he's as good as he is & wearing the #1 , & the superman thing when he scores , it's to much for me but i guess not for the Panthers .

That's alright they can have him !!

What ever happened to the guys that come out , do there job , & go to the bench ? Like a Pete Metzlars , or Montana ? There was no "LOOK AT ME I'M THE FREAKIN GREATEST JUST ASK ME" attitude they played & it was about the team ...

Now the contracts are getting as bad or worse than baseball ! It's almost time to go to watching college !!

After the Bills win a Super Bowl !!

Get off my lawn!!! :lol:

Jk. I think Newton has matured a lot over the years.

Im going to make a generalization and say teams are forking over major buck$/contracts to average QBs not because of their potential to be allstars but because of the lack of potential replacement and the replacement QB being worse. See Kap, Newton, Tannehill, Cutler, and to some extent Fitz 3 years ago.

The state of the QB in the NFL is a weird weird situation right now. It will be interesting to see how the game itself, the NFL, Draft, and College evolve in the next few years. The pendulum just keeps swinging toward the almighty QB and the gap is getting wider between the top teir and the mid to low tier QBs its IMO,taking away from how enjoyable the NFL once was. Again just my opinion, and of course I will continue to watch.

Im not sure if that makes sense.

Of late, people have been comparing the NFL to the WWE. I'm starting to see the similarities. I am not doubting the amazing athleticism, buts its less and less what I would consider an honest sport. - Thats a bit of a tangent.

Go Bills!

Edited by PortlandiaEast