HBO Sunday Night Comedies on Now

plenzmd1

I think this is the best 90 minutes on television right now. Veep and Oliver are awesome, but without a doubt my favorite is Silicon Valley. May be cause I have worked for some tech startups and have experienced some of this stuff at least on the periphery.

But last nights SWOT analysis on letting Blaine die is almost as funny as the jerk efficiency analysis from last year. Nsfw

If you watch, hopefully you paused on the Filled in "Let Blaine Die" SWOT board and read the cards.

Under oppoprtunities

" grief threesome with Gina and Blaine's hot mom"

Like 40 of those. If you are not watching this show, I highly suggest it.

Found this recap for those who want to peruse

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/15/silicon-valley-read-let-blaine-die-swot-board

Edited by plenzmd1

Haven't started this season of Silicon Valley yet, but I think I'll be binge watching sometime this week. The "mean jerk ratio" scene from season 1 was hilarious. An instant classic.

Agreed. Veep and Silicon Valley are two of the best comedies on TV right now. John Oliver will win Emmys for years with his program, especially with Stewart and Colbert out of the picture.

Oliver seems way funnier now than when he filled in for Stewart for a couple of months? But should have stayed on comedy central for better exposure. Then again the censorship on HBO is much less restricting. he has really found his place there.

Oliver seems way funnier now than when he filled in for Stewart for a couple of months? But should have stayed on comedy central for better exposure. Then again the censorship on HBO is much less restricting. he has really found his place there.

It's not just the lack of broadcast sensors, what really sets Oliver free on HBO are the lack of sponsors. Comedy Central has a lot of corporate sponsors who don't take kindly to being picked on.

Thanks for the heads up...I had no idea veep and silicon valley were comedies. Working o banshee and penny dreadful now, could use some comedy

All seasons are on HBO Go if you want to catch up. Each one is a short, tasty nugget of a season too. Not too long of a commitment.

You know, I think the HBO format is much better for Oliver...he only has to do one 30 minute show per week...and it is high quality...he has had a decent amount of impact in his short time on HBO. I loved Colbert, and I like Stewart a lot too...but Oliver is doing, dare I say, actual news journalism. He can spend 20 minutes on one story, and really cover it from multiple angles, unlike Colbert and Stewart. I think Oliver is likely very happy to be at HBO.

I think this is the best 90 minutes on television right now. Veep and Oliver are awesome, but without a doubt my favorite is Silicon Valley. May be cause I have worked for some tech startups and have experienced some of this stuff at least on the periphery.

But last nights SWOT analysis on letting Blaine die is almost as funny as the jerk efficiency analysis from last year. Nsfw

If you watch, hopefully you paused on the Filled in "Let Blaine Die" SWOT board and read the cards.

Under oppoprtunities

" grief threesome with Gina and Blaine's hot mom"

Like 40 of those. If you are not watching this show, I highly suggest it.

Found this recap for those who want to peruse

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/15/silicon-valley-read-let-blaine-die-swot-board

I found that SWOT analysis bit to be hilarious, given that I just finished one (not by choice).

Veep just doesn't do anything for me. I've given it an honest chance, and I won't pan it...I just don't find in particularly funny or entertaining. Though last night's was the first I saw Hugh Laurie on it, and he was great...

I found that SWOT analysis bit to be hilarious, given that I just finished one (not by choice).

Veep just doesn't do anything for me. I've given it an honest chance, and I won't pan it...I just don't find in particularly funny or entertaining. Though last night's was the first I saw Hugh Laurie on it, and he was great...

Introduced last episode, first full episode he was on and he was great.

By chance did you ever see In the Loop? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1226774/

I'm a big fan of Silicon Valley. My last job was at a health system that utilized SWOTs so I can relate to it like DC Tom.

This is another brilliant piece of TV/Movies by Mike Judge (executive producer I think). Gilfoyle is my favorite character on the show.

I'm a big fan of Silicon Valley. My last job was at a health system that utilized SWOTs so I can relate to it like DC Tom. This is another brilliant piece of TV/Movies by Mike Judge (executive producer I think). Gilfoyle is my favorite character on the show.

Yup. Judge writes (with others), directs and EPs the show. He's brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...

He's probably ripping his hair out somewhere, I wish I could see it....... Gilfoyle

You talking to Benson or Hedges ? ...... Ehrlich

This is not shi%%y tequila, this is very good tequila, super high end shhhhh.....money guy

if endframe put a tequila bottle on their delete key they would have struggled to delete half the amount of files we did at best or at worst......Richard.

What an episode. All of the lol's.

Agreed. Veep and Silicon Valley are two of the best comedies on TV right now. John Oliver will win Emmys for years with his program, especially with Stewart and Colbert out of the picture.

I'm not a sitcom guy at all. My son asked me to watch Silicon Valley and I kinda like it. Watched the first two episodes. Usually when watching sitcoms I mentally check out and start looking at my phone but this one kept my interest.