Who will have a better season Scott Chandler or Charles Clay

whoch player will have abtter season?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Most receiving yards

2. 2. Most receptions

3. 3. Most TDs

A lot of the Pats offense is YAC. Brady dinks and dunks. His receivers get a ton of yards after the catch. That's the worst part of Chandler's game. I can see him catching 2 tds in a game, being a hot fantasy pickup, then doing nothing for the rest of the season.

I wish him well as he was a very solid Bill. I would have brought him back. But Clay should be a big time player for us. He is never coming off the field.

Clay will have more YAC, but Chandler will have a higher catch rate %. Still, Chandler is a better bargain and cutting him was my least favorite offseason move. If Clay gets hurt, this move will really haunt us.

Take it for what it's worth, but Chandler had more drops on less targets than Clay. Chandler's drop rate was 5.7% while Clay was 3.6%. http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2014/

Well, that's reassuring. But, when you're a Patriot, the ball is suspiciously easier to catch.

Nah man, they had less fumbles, but more drops than most of the league. It's hard to catch due to increased impact, but easier to hold onto due to better grip.

Clay will have more YAC, but Chandler will have a higher catch rate %. Still, Chandler is a better bargain and cutting him was my least favorite offseason move. If Clay gets hurt, this move will really haunt us.

Chandler was reasonably productive and my wife's favorite player. I didn't like to see him go either. But the gurus say he's not a move TE and didn't fit Roman's offensive scheme.

Chandler was reasonably productive and my wife's favorite player. I didn't like to see him go either. But the gurus say he's not a move TE and didn't fit Roman's offensive scheme.

agreed. As a pass catching TE, he fits NEs offense. He does not fit ours. If clay gets hurt, gray or o'leary can play that role. They aren't as experienced but they are the similar type of Hback.

Chandler isn't a run blocker and therefore doesn't fit this scheme.

Edited by YoloinOhio