Would any of you object to TD drafting

Like A Mofo

Since Shane Matthews is most likely gone, and if Drew stays on either as the #1 or #2 QB, would any of you object to the Bills taking a flyer on a QB maybe in the 6th, 7th round to serve as a #3 QB instead of signing a re-tread?

Who knows, if J.P. never worked out for whatever reason, maybe the Bills can hit paydirt like the Pats did with Brady, who knows.

Thoughts?

Since Shane Matthews is most likely gone, and if Drew stays on either as the #1 or #2 QB, would any of you object to the Bills taking a flyer on a QB maybe in the 6th, 7th round to serve as a #3 QB instead of signing a re-tread?

Who knows, if J.P. never worked out for whatever reason, maybe the Bills can hit paydirt like the Pats did with Brady, who knows.

Thoughts?

233849[/snapback]

well, i don't think matthews is gone.......

but that is the besides the point -- i wouldn't have a problem with the pick because you can always stash a guy on the practice squad, especially now that the squads expanded this past season........

I think its a wise move, thats how the Pats got Brady, Montana was another low rd steal.

However there needs to be a veteran QB prescence somewhere in our rotation. This is why I think we end up keeping Drew for one more season. He knows the system better then anyone and he doesn't save us enough to cut. He pretty much just gives us enough money back to sign a vet to replace him.

I think its a wise move, thats how the Pats got Brady, Montana was another low rd steal.

However there needs to be a veteran QB prescence somewhere in our rotation. This is why I think we end up keeping Drew for one more season. He knows the system better then anyone and he doesn't save us enough to cut. He pretty much just gives us enough money back to sign a vet to replace him.

233881[/snapback]

Montana was a 3rd round pick. I don't know if I would call that a "low round" steal.

Thoughts?

233849[/snapback]

First things first, get rid of Drew... then we'll see.

I think there should always be a low-round/UDFA kicking around training camp. Some guys just don't show up on radars, then once they've got a pro coach talking sense to them or a decent blocker or a reliable receiver, they suddenly bust out of nowhere. If they're no good, well, it was that or Dylan McFarland. If they're good - somewhere between the next Frank Reich and that New England guy - you've got something that's helping your team.