Dante Fowler, Jeff Heuerman tear ACL in rookie camp

What I'm kinda wondering about is how big of a hammer the NFL is going to bring down on the Jags after that video came out. Unless I'm mistaken, minicamps and rookie camps and whatnot are supposed to be non-contact, but if you look at that film, the entire O and D lines were going at it, blocking and pass rushing. I'm guessing they get penalties levied against them like the Seahawks did.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they have to do that?

Yep. Before he steps foot on their grounds, both sides sign a "good faith" contract. Injury ALONE cannot cause them to back out of paying him what they would have paid him without the injury. Now, I'm sure they could have weaseled their way into finding a way to find another reason to cut a #3 overall pick, but this is the Jags, not the Pats.

Yep. Before he steps foot on their grounds, both sides sign a "good faith" contract. Injury ALONE cannot cause them to back out of paying him what they would have paid him without the injury. Now, I'm sure they could have weaseled their way into finding a way to find another reason to cut a #3 overall pick, but this is the Jags, not the Pats.

That's what I figured. Although I don't know if you want to cut a 3rd overall pick over an ACL tear.

Yeah, he should be a great player for them, just not this year.

We shall see. It seems that players who suffer major injuries at the beginning of their NFL careers don't seem to pan out.