OT - first date

mead107

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my first date was in the dodge ball storage room, May 2004, McMinnville, Tennessee. some a-hole told my parents and now it'll be another 100 years before I see her again.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

233336[/snapback]

How sad that you took the time to make a new account for that one lame joke...

my first date was in the dodge ball storage room, May 2004, McMinnville, Tennessee. some a-hole told my parents and now it'll be another 100 years before I see her again.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

233336[/snapback]

LOL! I dont know what is funnier. The post itself, or the fact that you actually went through the trouble of registering the name for extra added effect.

How sad that you took the time to make a new account for that one lame joke...

233343[/snapback]

Dude, talk about sad:

Total Cumulative Posts 12,537

( 23.9 posts per day / 5.59% of total forum posts )

at least I get laid by my gym teacher from time to time

February 8, 1985 (20 years ago YESTERDAY!).  Both of us were going to UB.  We met at the BBC, on Bailey by the Main Street campus.  Ran into her again later that night at PJ Bottoms, and as they say, the rest is history.  <_<

233230[/snapback]

Duey, I need some help here. Those names sound familiar but for some reason I just cannot picture those places.Also, trying to remeber the name of a place , I think it was the Park Lane, had two blues for a dollar fitty if i remeber. Anybody else remeber this place.

Duey, I need some help here. Those names sound familiar but for some reason I just cannot picture those places.Also, trying to remeber the name of a place , I think it was the Park Lane, had two blues for a dollar fitty if i remeber. Anybody else remeber this place.

233399[/snapback]

PJ's was cool my sister in law used to bartend there around that time. There was a guy named Toby that came in every day for like three years. They used to have a toby day calendar behind the bar.

Did the BBC used to be the Library and the Stacks? I almost remember drink & drown nights there.

I don't remember Park lane but there was a Park Meadow across from the Zoo we used to go there on Thursday nights .

233399[/snapback]

The Park Lane was a posh place located in Gates Circle. It was used to host expensive weddings, and served lunches and suppers to the general (well-heeled) public. The poster is correct about the Park Meadow opposite the Zoo. It was a "trendy" spot in the '70's.

Ahhh....first date with the wife.

I first saw her when I was playing in a 9 ball tournement (I had a friend who was a professional and got me hooked into it) she was there with a couple of friends watching the tournament....and was by far the best looking girl in the place (as far as I was concerned) I got a chance to say hi and that was about it before she was gone.

The following week I was in the same place doing the same thing and she was back....and this time it looked like she was there to look me up. I didn't even finish the damn tournement I just forfeited so we could spend more time together.

I was a buck sergeant in the Air Force at the time....and wouldn't you know it as the night wore on I started having trouble with this Tech Sergeant who had been having too much to drink and was getting a little upset that my future wife was more interested in me....

I am a big guy...this guy was even bigger needless to say we started tearing each other and the bar apart in a pretty bad way.....he was big and slow....I was big and a little faster so I did get the best of him.

So....after its all over....and right before the cops came to drag us both away....my future wife comes over to me....and says....

"what took you so long?"

I liked her immediately.....we were wed about 8 months later

Ahhh....first date with the wife.

I first saw her when I was playing in a 9 ball tournement (I had a friend who was a professional and got me hooked into it) she was there with a couple of friends watching the tournament....and was by far the best looking girl in the place (as far as I was concerned) I got a chance to say hi and that was about it before she was gone.

The following week I was in the same place doing the same thing and she was back....and this time it looked like she was there to look me up.  I didn't even finish the damn tournement I just forfeited so we could spend more time together.

I was a buck sergeant in the Air Force at the time....and wouldn't you know it as the night wore on I started having trouble with this Tech Sergeant who had been having too much to drink and was getting a little upset that my future wife was more interested in me....

I am a big guy...this guy was even bigger needless to say we started tearing each other and the bar apart in a pretty bad way.....he was big and slow....I was big and a little faster so I did get the best of him.

So....after its all over....and right before the cops came to drag us both away....my future wife comes over to me....and says....

"what took you so long?"

I liked her immediately.....we were wed about 8 months later

233563[/snapback]

Good story! Anybody who doesn't believe in love at first sight needs to get their eyeballs replaced.

That's a great first date.  We did the BNL concert in Dallas for our second date (and first kiss).  Worked very well.

233572[/snapback]

I thought it was a good idea at the time since most of the women I knew were big fans of BNL. In 1996 they were still kind of an underground band but were certainly big in Canada and WNY. When I told her I had tickets she just looked at me with a blank expression. She had never heard of them! She ended up loving the show, we dated for a few years and eventually got married. <_<

The Park Lane was a posh place located in Gates Circle.  It was used to host expensive weddings, and served lunches and suppers to the general (well-heeled) public. The poster is correct about the Park Meadow opposite the Zoo.  It was a "trendy" spot in the '70's.

233443[/snapback]

Park Meadow it was!!!. Thx fellas. I am still trying to place the BBC. Can remeber going there, just cannot remember the place.

Also, remeber going to Slombas(sp) er Sloppos, across from the Trico plant on Main. That place still open? Woman who I wished was my wife( only kidding) dumped me in that bar. Cant say as if I blame her lol

Park Meadow it was!!!. Thx fellas. I am still trying to place the BBC. Can remeber going there, just cannot remember the place.

Also, remeber going to Slombas(sp) er Sloppos, across from the Trico plant on Main. That place still open? Woman who I wished was my wife( only kidding) dumped me in that bar. Cant say as if I blame her lol

233604[/snapback]

BBC was upstairs from the Library.

Loved to go to Slombas. Also, would head over to Mr. Goodbars at Buff State.