Re: Maxx Williams

JTO

1) If he gets anywhere close to 50 I wouldn't think twice about giving up our 5th for him.

2) Might make Walford an option at 50.

Yes sir. We need another TE for Roman. I don't really think Gragg and Grey are good enough for a ton of playing time.

Well he's definitely got the right last name. And his name basically is Max Bills. I'm just not sure if getting another TE after they spent a bunch of money on Clay is the way to go.

Why not start copying NE? They always want more TEs. Next to QB, TE is the position we have neglected the most. TEs are a QB's best friend, especially a young one. EJ had his best throws to Chandler but because he runs a 7.5 40, they were as big of plays as they could be.

To have Clay and Williams (or O'Leary later) would just provide mismatches over the field.

Why not start copying NE? They always want more TEs. Next to QB, TE is the position we have neglected the most. TEs are a QB's best friend, especially a young one. EJ had his best throws to Chandler but because he runs a 7.5 40, they were as big of plays as they could be.

To have Clay and Williams (or O'Leary later) would just provide mismatches over the field.

Big fan of O'Leary, the kid is tough. Reminds me of Chris Cooley.

I get that approach. Just not sure if multiple TEs is the best use of resources given the desperate need to improve on the offensive line. I'm not saying it wouldn't be great and given Roman's reported love of multiple TE sets it would seem like a likely direction. I suspect all of the speculation won't matter as I bet he'll be picked in the first ten picks of the second round.

I get that approach. Just not sure if multiple TEs is the best use of resources given the desperate need to improve on the offensive line. I'm not saying it wouldn't be great and given Roman's reported love of multiple TE sets it would seem like a likely direction. I suspect all of the speculation won't matter as I bet he'll be picked in the first ten picks of the second round.

I agree that Maxx is likely gone before we get him. But I do think you can get at least one decent starter on O-line in the third. Plus a good TE can help you block, which is why I personally would like to see Walford.

I was looking at some Pistol formation diagrams, and they usually call for a Y-receiver. Clay is probably top 5 as an H-back and this could cause some truly terrifying combinations if EJ or Tyrod win the job because of their mobility.