Motorcycle

Corp000085

I've rode pretty much my whole life and the best bike ever made for touring is the new Can-Am Spyder. That thing is everything motorcycles ever wanted to be without the downsides.

Try the Polaris thingy.......they're quite the thing!

I highly recommend this motorcycle....

http://media.motoblog.it/y/yam/yamaha-fjr-1300-2013/big_Yamaha_FJR1300_my2013_a13.jpg

Yamaha FJR1300 - the ultimate sport touring bike. This dude rode from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to Key West, Florida in 86 hrs and 31 minutes. http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/608/3739/motorcycle-article/yamaha-fjr-sets-continent-crossing-record.aspx on an FJR.

Power, comfort, styling and utility. What more could you ask for?

I had to sell my bike and my pickup when I split with my GF a few years back. God I want that bike back!!!!

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

• 2 months later...

Quick update... After spending much of my summer with my family blowing cash (the American dream!), I spent the past month or so scouring the local dealerships for bikes. After feeling comfortable, I plunked down on an 07 HD Dyna Super Glide last weekend. I spent the past week getting myself accustomed to the weight and power of the bike. After about 15+ hours, and about 25 miles of figure-eights, starts, and stops all under 10mph, I finally ventured out onto the road this weekend. I'm absolutely hooked. It's pretty wild driving on a bike on the road. I'm still puttering around town on a familiar route, which is OK, but I'm way more confident now than I even was a couple days ago. I really enjoy riding within my limits, and I enjoy practicing that slow stuff because that's what will make me a good rider. Thanks for all the advice earlier this spring in this thread. As for the fat guy on the bike, my bike is a little bigger and my ass is a little smaller than that example above!

Quick update... After spending much of my summer with my family blowing cash (the American dream!), I spent the past month or so scouring the local dealerships for bikes. After feeling comfortable, I plunked down on an 07 HD Dyna Super Glide last weekend. I spent the past week getting myself accustomed to the weight and power of the bike. After about 15+ hours, and about 25 miles of figure-eights, starts, and stops all under 10mph, I finally ventured out onto the road this weekend. I'm absolutely hooked. It's pretty wild driving on a bike on the road. I'm still puttering around town on a familiar route, which is OK, but I'm way more confident now than I even was a couple days ago. I really enjoy riding within my limits, and I enjoy practicing that slow stuff because that's what will make me a good rider. Thanks for all the advice earlier this spring in this thread. As for the fat guy on the bike, my bike is a little bigger and my ass is a little smaller than that example above!

Congrats, man. Ride safe.

I bought a 2008 Suzuki Boulevard new... Never sat on a bike- NOTHING.... Loaded it up in the bed of my truck and the people just looked at me like I was crazy... Called a friend that rode and he rode it to the school parking lot while I followed him in my truck... He showed me a couple things- seriously, 15 minutes max of figure 8's and circles each direction and I was pretty good to go..., following year bought a 2009 Harley Davisdon Fat Bob.... Two years later, sold it because I had kids and never had time to ride that $20,000 machine.... Now I just want a four wheeler or side by side, lol

If I may pass along one bit of wisdom that was given to me by the guy who taught me to ride..

The most dangerous time for new riders is after you've been riding about 6 months. Your skills and road experience will be quite a bit higher by then, and there's a natural tendency to relax your guard a bit. That can be fatal. In my case, right on schedule at the half-year mark, a snot-nosed kid in his Civic crapmobile shot out from a side street and made a left in front of me without looking, at the perfect point where my sight-line was blocked momentarily by a parked van. I steered to avoid him, and would have just missed the rear of his car if he'd kept going, except of course he slammed on the brakes mid-turn. That was 28 years ago, and it taught me a very important lesson: always reduce speed whenever your sight-line is blocked, even for a split-second. I was lucky, but many other new riders are not.

Good luck and keep the shiny side up!

I'm 36 years old and I will be finishing my masters program in the next couple of weeks. Driving a motorcycle has really intrigued me since childhood, but I had an epiphany recently; I can actually do this. So, I'm signing up for the weekend training course at my local community college sometime in May or June. I've never sat on a bike before, but assuming all goes well, I'll be a licensed driver shortly, and I'll be in the market!!!

I'm not "married" to a certain style or brand of bike... With that said, anyone got any suggestions for a soon-to-be new rider willing to drop money on a first bike? Some have said get a small junker to practice with for a few months before upgrading. Others have said, try a bunch out and get the one that fits you... I truly don't know where to begin. Any suggestions would be welcome!

I was riding by 22.

However, My wife was one of "those"

Too dangerous. Please dont. Please sell.

So after hearing it so many times, I did give it up like 4 years later.

It is pretty dangerous though imo. As the daredevil that i was at that time, the danger didnt bother me.

My wife has no problem with me driving motorcycles, because she knows I'm a better bike pilot than car driver.

Or possibly she's just looking forward to collecting on my life insurance policy.

This

Be safe.