NFLN's Heath Evans predicts Bills 12-4 and Div Champs

If anything TBD is the needle of the compass. Heath said something stupid, and we treated it as such. Now he says something reasonable, and we are treating it as such.

Right. Apparently you missed the past 15 years, because according to the "local" experts here on TBD, there was no way no how the Bills would finish with less than x amount of wins

as predicted by those "national" experts. They just did not know the team like we did.

Let's not forget the "Let's hold the experts accountable" threads that appeared from time to time before a season started, because TBD knew better than those "national" experts!

Those same threads were quickly abandoned and forgotten once the season got under way.

I take it the compass wasn't properly calibrated during those times?

Like most sports boards, any negative analysis by the media is derided by the members, while positive analysis is hyped.

As would be the 3-4 finish with people declaring the Cinderella Bills were back to being pumpkins. It would be the most miserable division championship ever.

If this team started off 9-0 and then lose 3 straight, I would be able to see the mushroom cloud over WNY from here in the Atlanta area.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this team started off 9-0 and then lose 3 straight, I would be able to see the mushroom cloud over WNY from here in the Atlanta area.

and if the Bills start 0-2 because of who they play this place will be bonkers with so much QB trashing it will be even more unbearable WRT sucky QB's!!!!

IF EJ start he will be labeled a TOTAL BUST with no redemption, if Meh starts he's too old and I told you so etc etc

I do give Rex credit, especially with his team last year. He lost both games but he was close. I want to start dominating NE from now on. 4 Super bowls for Brady and BB is 4 too many in my book ! I know I can't wait to take the division from them.12 out of 14 is ridiculous. It needs to stop .

exactly. Anyone who looks at that 2014 jets roster and doesnt give Rex credit for how he fared against NE isn't seeing the big picture. No he didn't win but he deserves some credit. He also dominated Roethlisberger and that offense somehow.

and if the Bills start 0-2 because of who they play this place will be bonkers with so much QB trashing it will be even more unbearable WRT sucky QB's!!!!

IF EJ start he will be labeled a TOTAL BUST with no redemption, if Meh starts he's too old and I told you so etc etc

If we are going to lose both of those games I hope it goes like this:

Cassel starts the first 2 games because he picks up the offense the quickest in camp, we go 0-2, and Cassel gets benched for one of the young guys. The young guys flourish having the most difficult portion of the schedule out of the way without losses hurting confidence and having 2 extra weeks with the offense before being thrown to the wolves.

In reality though I'm thinking 2-1 after 3 weeks

You realize his reasonable prediction here is predicated on EJ Manuel holding a clipboard, right?

Many of the posters praising this guy and his prediction also love EJ.

How is this matter-meets-anti-matter issue resolved in the mind of the Kool Aid drinker?

Wait, so now not only do I have to read the minds of the posters praising this guy to determine why, and figure out where/why they stand on EJ, I also have to speak on behalf of every single one of them?

WTF? :blink:

It's like I said: absolute value world at work here. Apparently you can't be somebody who likes Cassle, dislikes EJ, or thinks he isn't ready, and, also thinks the Bills are going 12-4.

That's right Nuance Be Damned! :rolleyes:

Right. Apparently you missed the past 15 years, because according to the "local" experts here on TBD, there was no way no how the Bills would finish with less than x amount of wins

as predicted by those "national" experts. They just did not know the team like we did.

Let's not forget the "Let's hold the experts accountable" threads that appeared from time to time before a season started, because TBD knew better than those "national" experts!

Those same threads were quickly abandoned and forgotten once the season got under way.

I take it the compass wasn't properly calibrated during those times?

Like most sports boards, any negative analysis by the media is derided by the members, while positive analysis is hyped.

Then this year, is, by defintion different than the 15 years I supposedly missed, isn't it? :blink:

It has to be: the experts have said 11-5, and 12-4. I don't recall those records being thrown out at any time by anyone over the last 15 years.

I DO recall experts saying we'd lose to the Jets 2 times last year, only to have us win by a combined 81-26.* I do recall the last 3 years, when the experts have picked us to lose to Miami every single game, and told us that Tannehill is a better QB than EJ(because he plays while EJ sits)...and instead we've gone 4-2 against them, and thrown Tannehill around the field. The experts said Tannehill was going to crush us: but over the last 3 years?

9 TDs against 24 sacks( :o), 7 INTs, and 2 Fumbles.

* Prepare to have you mind blown! Is it possible....that this Heath guy feels a little stupid about saying the Jets were going to sweep us, only to have us curb stomp them, twice...including one game in Detroit(which I was at)? Is it therefore possible that THIS year, he's going the other way, because he doesn't want to be so wrong again? :o OMG, right? :lol:

Is he overcompensating? Who knows, but as I said, TBD laughed at "Jets Sweep Bills" last year for damn good reasons, and we see 11-5/12-4 for damn good reasons as well.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

• 4 weeks later...