It Was Twenty Years Ago Today

And they enacted anti terror legislation right after the tragedy and guess who was against it.The civil liberties advocates.Yep, liberal democrats once again on the wrong side of every issue.If its bad for people or America,the libs are for it.

UB, So THATS where you were indoctrinated.

Edited by Very wide right

Retard slap fight cage match. And...GO!

It is best to ignore them Tom.

Twenty years later, our perspective has matured. We’ve seen skyscrapers explode and fall down, and high school students run screaming from armed gunmen. We’ve seen videos of beheadings and shootings and massacres, and yet there’s something still very raw associated with our memories of the Oklahoma City bombing.

Of course many "intellectuals" of today try to spin and obscure the meanings behind this horrible event. They try to twists together acts of domestic terrorism with “hate crimes” and presents them as one neat package—which presents a huge problem for actually combating both domestic terrorism and crime motivated by some sort of ideological hair-trigger.

Terrorism is a very specific grey area of violent crime. What motivates a terrorist—even a homegrown one—is very different than what motivates your average criminal. To suggest—and those peddling many of the think pieces being regurgitated this anniversary are most certainly making suggestions—that they are one in the same, does more than dishonor the memories of those who died at the hands of Timothy McVeigh. It endangers efforts both at home and abroad to stop terrorists from committing increasingly brutal acts of violence.

What happened in Oklahoma City is not identical or even analogous to the hate crimes we see plastered across the front page of the local newspaper. It’s an easy narrative to spin, but it’s a narrative that does nothing but shift attention away from what matters most: working every day to make life harder for those who seek to commit acts of terror.

It is best to ignore them Tom..

What, no link explaining that?

That was unwarranted! Ha!

I really want to see you and Very Wide Right go at it. Same mental dysfunction, but from opposite sides of the spectrum. That'd be some epic entertainment.

What, no link explaining that?

I really want to see you and Very Wide Right go at it. Same mental dysfunction, but from opposite sides of the spectrum. That'd be some epic entertainment.

You do? Would that make your life more fuller? Well, sounds like you need a new hobby or something. What's the record for hitting yourself in the head with a brick? Maybe you should try and break it

Of course many "intellectuals" of today try to spin and obscure the meanings behind this horrible event. They try to twists together acts of domestic terrorism with “hate crimes” and presents them as one neat package—which presents a huge problem for actually combating both domestic terrorism and crime motivated by some sort of ideological hair-trigger.

The perps were caught. One of the perps got executed and the other will spend the rest of his life in the SuperMax. What do you want?

As a side note, I was in OKC on business 11 or so years ago and went to the memorial. If you're ever in OKC I would recommend going.

Edited by reddogblitz

Don't know if he was right-wing or not. Certainly an anti-government nut, though.

I heard he was listening to Rush Limbo when he got pulled over. So....

Are we allowed to joke around? Oh the storm of hate that I call down upon my poor head for that one. Poor me :mellow:

I heard he was listening to Rush Limbo when he got pulled over. So....

Are we allowed to joke around? Oh the storm of hate that I call down upon my poor head for that one. Poor me :mellow:

I get the impression that more left-wingers listen to Rush Limbaugh that right-wingers. Since they're the only ones who ever talk about "what Rush said."

I get the impression that more left-wingers listen to Rush Limbaugh that right-wingers. Since they're the only ones who ever talk about "what Rush said."

I only listen to Rush when something happens that I know he will do hilarious bits with. So, not that often. It has to be something like the day Pelosi said "We have to pass it to find out what's in it".

And yeah, the other day some leftist clown, because I had already dunked on him a few times in our discussion, started ranting at me about Sean Hannity. This guy has clearly been watching him or listening for quite some time, and had a detailed laundry list of things for me to defend/respond to. I just said "who's Sean Hannity?", which flabbergasted him. 2 handed Irony Dunk. :lol:

I only listen to Rush when something happens that I know he will do hilarious bits with. So, not that often. It has to be something like the day Pelosi said "We have to pass it to find out what's in it".

And yeah, the other day some leftist clown, because I had already dunked on him a few times in our discussion, started ranting at me about Sean Hannity. This guy has clearly been watching him or listening for quite some time, and had a detailed laundry list of things for me to defend/respond to. I just said "who's Sean Hannity?", which flabbergasted him. 2 handed Irony Dunk. :lol:

Is Hannity the doofus on Fox or the doofus on MSNBC? I always confuse those two.

Is Hannity the doofus on Fox or the doofus on MSNBC? I always confuse those two.

Let's see, he has guests on who disagree with him........................

So he must be the Fox doofus.

B-)