Sal Capaccio to replace Joe B. as Bills beat reporter at WGR

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Sal will have a much more personal relationship with the players because he's more approachable, which in turn will give us more info into what goes on behind the scenes. i don't know if he has the journalistic chops to write amazing stories, but i think he will be more tuned in to what is happening at OBD

Totally agree ... I think Sal is outstanding, and will be a significant improvement over Joe B.

Sal had Hughes and Searcy on that weekly on-location TV show he hosted, and it was great to see the rapport he has with the players.

In this way, I think he will bring much more of that insider perspective than Joe B. was capable of. And with Sal, you can really tell he loves every minute of being so close to the team.

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp

Downgrade, majorly. Don't care for Sal, don't like guys who get hyper and talk loudly to get a point across, and usually a point full of hyperbole and nonsense. Comes across as a major jock sniffer actually. I actually won't listen to his shows.

such a homer. at least Joe B kept objective.

I like Sal a lot and wish him the best in his new position. I think he will do great.

Joe B was terrible when he first started,although he improved as time went on. A lot of his "inside info" was stuff anyone one of us could already read on PFT or right here on TBD or he was repeating what Clayton said. His opinons were never very insightful. Always found it like a fork on a chalkboard how often he would say "to be perfectly honest with you" or how he he would beat some subjects to death like the hours of film he watched of Jake Locker. good luck to JB at ch7 but I think he has a long way to go.

That may be but that's makes it less enjoyable, rather have Sal than a yes man.

That's an interesting take because I don't consider Sal a "yes man." Maybe you consider anyone who speaks favorably of the Bills a yes man? Or anyone who rips the Bills for any reason is being real?

Upgrade

Joe B didn't have internal sources at OBD and mostly based his reporting on his limited knowledge of the game. The awkward pause is and will ever be the shining moment on WGR.

What awkward pause moment are we talking about here?

Downgrade, majorly. Don't care for Sal, don't like guys who get hyper and talk loudly to get a point across, and usually a point full of hyperbole and nonsense. Comes across as a major jock sniffer actually. I actually won't listen to his shows.

This is great news for the reasons you state.

We will have a whole lot less Sal on-air time now.

That's a good thing.

I think (hope?) Sal is the eventual replacement for Schopp.

That would be incredible I think Schopp is better suited for a jump to sister station wben. For that matter take whitey with him.Bring Mendola back with Brad Riter. At the very least please remove Schopp from Bills post game coverage. Love Bulldog but he might need a rest from post game as well. And you can't blame him the last decade plus would push anyone to the edge.