Jameis Winston sued for sexual assault 2 weeks before draft

Honestly, You have to be one of the most self-serving posters on this board. If you are gonna quote something -- you better either include the whole quote or put it in context.

Bowden: (laughing) Well, I think it's a consensus among Florida State fans, and boosters that he was an embarrassment in a lot of ways to the university. He won a lot of ball games, probably one of the best football players that ever attended Florida State, but he hurt himself off the field. The good news is that he's young enough to get over that, ya know it, and he's gotta do that. He just can't make those junior high school decisions that he made while he was in college.

In your haste to post something negative about Jameis, you also apparently missed this Bowden quote:

"This goes back to the best you've ever had -- that's the way I think people are looking at him," former Florida State coach Bobby Bowden said of Winston. "This young man is as good as anybody we've ever had. Maybe as a freshman, that's asking too much, but before he leaves here -- and he might do it this year."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9826209/florida-state-seminoles-quarterback-jameis-winston-living-lofty-expectations

or how about this headline -- since you're into those: Jameis Winston winning over Tampa Bay teammates with work ethic

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2015/5/12/8589271/Jameis-Winston-Tampa-Bay-bucs-qb-rookie-work-ethic?_ga=1.24480122.112645985.1431522521

If you want to be a lousy blogger/gossip artist -- go apply to espn, wgr ot the Buffalo News.

Calm down and grow up. All he did was post a tweet, in its entirety.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, You have to be one of the most self-serving posters on this board. If you are gonna quote something -- you better either include the whole quote or put it in context.

Bowden: (laughing) Well, I think it's a consensus among Florida State fans, and boosters that he was an embarrassment in a lot of ways to the university. He won a lot of ball games, probably one of the best football players that ever attended Florida State, but he hurt himself off the field. The good news is that he's young enough to get over that, ya know it, and he's gotta do that. He just can't make those junior high school decisions that he made while he was in college.

In your haste to post something negative about Jameis, you also apparently missed this Bowden quote:

"This goes back to the best you've ever had -- that's the way I think people are looking at him," former Florida State coach Bobby Bowden said of Winston. "This young man is as good as anybody we've ever had. Maybe as a freshman, that's asking too much, but before he leaves here -- and he might do it this year."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9826209/florida-state-seminoles-quarterback-jameis-winston-living-lofty-expectations

or how about this headline -- since you're into those: Jameis Winston winning over Tampa Bay teammates with work ethic

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2015/5/12/8589271/Jameis-Winston-Tampa-Bay-bucs-qb-rookie-work-ethic?_ga=1.24480122.112645985.1431522521

If you want to be a lousy blogger/gossip artist -- go apply to espn, wgr ot the Buffalo News.

it was just a tweet from Paul Finebaum... Go whine to him if you don't like it. Not my job to figure out whether he included the whole context!

Btw Im not sure what you mean by "self-serving" - but I suppose you think I have something against winston. I don't... I just post relevant info. Feel free to block me if you only want to see things you agree with.

Edited by YoloinOhio

or how about this headline -- since you're into those:

Jameis Winston winning over Tampa Bay teammates with work ethic

So...greatest football player ever at FSU....but still described by the best HC ever at FSU as a consensus embarrassment to fans and boosters.

What was your point again? That otherwise Bowden thinks he's a great college QB? OK...

I'm surprised Bowden didn't go to bat for Winston. He's got a track record with FSU rapists.

well, to wit, winston has been accused of rape. who has been cleared by 3 (or was it 6?) different people/systems. which is different from being a rapist.

it was just a tweet from Paul Finebaum... Go whine to him if you don't like it. Not my job to figure out whether he included the whole context!

Btw Im not sure what you mean by "self-serving" - but I suppose you think I have something against winston. I don't... I just post relevant info. Feel free to block me if you only want to see things you agree with.

Whatever man -- the amount of "relevant info" posts that you have seen fit to bring to the attention of this board is clearly one-sided against Winston. I like your "don't shoot the messenger" act. Hope you get another buffalo underneath your avatar for all the hard work in re-posting other people's opinions.

Whatever man -- the amount of "relevant info" posts that you have seen fit to bring to the attention of this board is clearly one-sided against Winston. I like your "don't shoot the messenger" act. Hope you get another buffalo underneath your avatar for all the hard work in re-posting other people's opinions.

again, feel free to block me if you only want to see things you agree with. The Bowden comments were being talked about a lot in the media yesterday, it wasn't an "opinion" of me, Paul Finebaum, or anyone but Bowden. Twitter is social media, Finebaum posted it, it is common to post tweets on this board as discussion topics or relevant info. If you don't like seeing tweets you don't agree with, block posters who post tweets. It's easy to customize your experience here at TBD.

Pretty sure yolo does a a good job being active and posting relevant info. I appreciate it. Most of us here appreciate it. You picked the wrong guy to troll

well, to wit, winston has been accused of rape. who has been cleared by 3 (or was it 6?) different people/systems. which is different from being a rapist.

Well, that means Bowden goes to bat for convicted rapists, and not accused rapists. Weird guy,

Hey, man. Get off Yolo...he's a source of good and interesting info for us here. You're not, but you are a source of entertainment.

Why don't you balance the site out with all of those one-sided for Winston links. Try the one with the transcript of his FSU hearing. OOPS!...maybe no that one!

Help us, and your children, out with this one....man.

Is someone who has the name "NY Nole" really saying somebody else's posts are self serving on this topic? :lol: