What's worse?

BillsNYC

Definately Eagles. They had homefield each of those three years and couldn't do it. At least we always got it done at home.

Plus, we were underdogs for 3 out of 4 of the Superbowls. The Eagles were favored in all three of their NFC Championship games.

CW

I think its equally bad. It sucks to think that the bills were 0-4, but now that you look back, i think that most of us are proud of those teams. The eagles lost 3 straight at home. That's pathetic. I'm just rooting for the pats to lose a step next year. The bills string of 4 straight AFC championships hopefully won't ever be touched.

sorry, this is like asking the question "which nut would you rather have sliced off -- the left or the right?"

c'mon, folks...who fuggin' cares? the bills have still done something no team has ever done -- win four consecutive conference championships. for all of the new england "dynasty" talk, they're only halfway there.

(no, i'm not suggesting i'd rather have the super bowl losses -- just putting things in perspective.)

Well, the bills were heavy favorites in the first one and lost a close one.

They were then shalacked in the next 3.

I think you know my answer.

232714[/snapback]

Bills were 7 point favs in the first SB.

More realistically it should look like this.......

Buffalo Bills

2 AFL Championships (1964, 1965)

4-1 AFC Championship Games

0-4 Super Bowls (lost 4 straight 1990-1993)

Philadelphia Eagles

3 NFL Championships (1948, 1949, 1960)

2-3 NFC Championship Games (lost three straight 2001-2003)

0-2 Super Bowls

Draw your own conclusions.

Which is more embarrassing for 4 straight seasons?

Bills 0-4 Super Bowls

Eagles 1-3 NFC Championships, 0-1 Super Bowl

232709[/snapback]

Neither. The most embarrassing thing is the teams that have never made it to the SB and have been around a while....

Cleveland....old and new versions

Seattle....Jim Zorn to Steve Largent....whooppee

Detroit....Pitiful franchise

New Orleans....Benson cursed this franchise forever with his stupid dance holding his umbrella

Neither.  The most embarrassing thing is the teams that have never made it to the SB and have been around a while....

Cleveland....old and new versions

Seattle....Jim Zorn to Steve Largent....whooppee

Detroit....Pitiful franchise

New Orleans....Benson cursed this franchise forever with his stupid dance holding his umbrella

232797[/snapback]

No, the media loves having fun making fun of Norwood and Thurman's helmet, dont spoil their fun with these facts!!!!

Screw the media. All of them.

That's heavy?

232773[/snapback]

Absolutely. Think of how often you see arguably two of the top teams in the NFL in the regular season, and what the line is for such a game. It's rarely, if ever, more than a FG either way.

If the game is truly a matchup of the two best teams, the spread should never be more than 3-4 points. If it isn't, then one of the teams is perceived as lucky to be there, and will likely be blown out.

As it stands, the Giants covering the 6.5 (don't think it was ever readily available at 7 at any point, but I could be wrong) and winning outright probably stands as one of the top 2-3 Super Bowl "upsets" of all time. In fact, I don't believe an NFC team has ever covered a bigger number and won outright in the Super Bowl than the 1990 Giants.

Which is more embarrassing for 4 straight seasons?

Bills 0-4 Super Bowls

Eagles 1-3 NFC Championships, 0-1 Super Bowl

232709[/snapback]

the SB is a bigger stage.

but atleast you know you were good enouph to get there 4 strait times.

More realistically it should look like this.......

Buffalo Bills

2 AFL Championships (1964, 1965)

4-1 AFC Championship Games

0-4 Super Bowls (lost 4 straight 1990-1993)

Philadelphia Eagles

3 NFL Championships (1948, 1949, 1960)

2-3 NFC Championship Games (lost three straight 2001-2003)

0-2 Super Bowls

Draw your own conclusions.

232787[/snapback]

Actually, 2-1 AFL Championships -the loss was for the first SB