Abortion

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/06/02/kansas-abortion-clinic-sues-to-stop-ban-on-dismemberment-abortions-tearing-babies-limb-from-limb/

This is disgusting. I want to hear someone pitch the case for dismemberment abortions.

The case is: when a fetus is diagnosed with severe and terminal defects that can only be identified in the second trimester, a D&E is the safest procedure to terminate the pregnancy.

It's also used to clean the uterine lining after a mid-term miscarriage. So banning it is going to result in a significant increase in health complications for women who miscarry.

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/05/27/410005631/scott-walker-says-ultrasounds-are-just-a-cool-thing

Scott Walker is just cannon fodder for the war on women....boom

Would be pretty cool to see him derailed by this :devil:

Please tell your overlords that they are a week late getting you stupidity to copy/paste to message boards, and everyone has already stopped talking about this.

But you keep throwing spaghetti, Nancy. One day something may actually stick. :lol:

It's also used to clean the uterine lining after a mid-term miscarriage. So banning it is going to result in a significant increase in health complications for women who miscarry.

That is a D&C (Dilatation and Curettage)

D&C) is a procedure to remove tissue from inside your uterus. Doctors perform dilation and curettage to diagnose and treat certain uterine conditions — such as heavy bleeding — or to clear the uterine lining after a miscarriage or abortion.

One of my staff miscarried yesterday and will be having her D&C tomorrow.

The case is: when a fetus is diagnosed with severe and terminal defects that can only be identified in the second trimester, a D&E is the safest procedure to terminate the pregnancy.

It makes me want to throw up. Torturing a baby, even if it is terminal, is inexcusable IMO even if it is safer for the mother.

It can be either one, apparently.

So, if the D&C procedure is available to all, as it always has been,

there should not be any corresponding "increase in health care complications"

It makes me want to throw up. Torturing a baby, even if it is terminal, is inexcusable IMO even if it is safer for the mother.

I'm not a big fan of it either...but we're talking about something here that's less "regulating birth control" and more "banning a medically necessary procedure." More than 90% of abortions are in the first trimester, and second trimester abortions are generally for one of three reasons:

1) Medical reasons of a severely malformed and unviable fetus, and/or a significant threat to the health of the mother not identified until the second trimester (and there's an interesting argument to be had concerning what constitutes "torturing" a malformed, unviable fetus).

2) Rape/incest where the victim either does not know or does not admit (due to psychological trauma) the pregnancy until the second trimester,

3) In some rare cases, a first-trimester abortion is so difficult to get (lack of providers, legal/administrative hurdles to access) that the procedure ends up delayed to the second trimester.

If you were to discuss "abortion as birth control" (which is a stupid practice - there's cheaper, easier, better, healthier alternatives), only the third really fits that bill...and that's uncommon, and when it does happen is generally caused by short-sighted legislation that results in a woman having to travel 200 miles to a clinic, to be counseled on other options and send back home to wait for 72 hours before she can come back again for the procedure.

So, if the D&C procedure is available to all, as it always has been,

there should not be any corresponding "increase in health care complications"

No, because they are different procedures. Which is used for a miscarriage depends, apparently, on the tissue left in or damage done to the uterus during the miscarriage.

I'd bet your coworker wasn't far along (first trimester) when she miscarried, so is having a D&C. D&E's would be used more for latter miscarriages, when the placenta and fetus are more developed.

I'm not a big fan of it either...but we're talking about something here that's less "regulating birth control" and more "banning a medically necessary procedure." More than 90% of abortions are in the first trimester, and second trimester abortions are generally for one of three reasons:

1) Medical reasons of a severely malformed and unviable fetus, and/or a significant threat to the health of the mother not identified until the second trimester (and there's an interesting argument to be had concerning what constitutes "torturing" a malformed, unviable fetus).

2) Rape/incest where the victim either does not know or does not admit (due to psychological trauma) the pregnancy until the second trimester,

3) In some rare cases, a first-trimester abortion is so difficult to get (lack of providers, legal/administrative hurdles to access) that the procedure ends up delayed to the second trimester.

If you were to discuss "abortion as birth control" (which is a stupid practice - there's cheaper, easier, better, healthier alternatives), only the third really fits that bill...and that's uncommon, and when it does happen is generally caused by short-sighted legislation that results in a woman having to travel 200 miles to a clinic, to be counseled on other options and send back home to wait for 72 hours before she can come back again for the procedure.

The first one you listed is the only scenario I'd even be open to hearing further discussion. In the second two, I'm really sorry for their situation, but cutting up a living baby that feels pain is not an acceptable solution to either scenario. I'm having a hard time thinking of a scenario under the first that would be acceptable.

Please tell your overlords that they are a week late getting you stupidity to copy/paste to message boards, and everyone has already stopped talking about this.

But you keep throwing spaghetti, Nancy. One day something may actually stick. :lol:

Boy, you are shot.

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/05/27/410005631/scott-walker-says-ultrasounds-are-just-a-cool-thing

Scott Walker is just cannon fodder for the war on women....boom

Would be pretty cool to see him derailed by this :devil:

I think the left should worry about their war on blacks. Turns out your iconic heroine Margaret Sanger, founder of one of your favorite organizations Planned Parenthood, was a eugenic racist. She also met with KKK and I believe Adolph. Go figure. A leftist shrew wanting to kill people. It just part of the left wing culture I guess.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/5/grossu-margaret-sanger-eugenicist/

"In a letter to Clarence Gable in 1939, Sanger wrote: “We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members” (Margaret Sanger commenting on the ‘Negro Project’ in a letter to Gamble, Dec. 10, 1939)."

Fast forward to today. African Americans make up 13% of the population but account for over 1/3 of abortions. Something like 18 million black people that don't exist since Roe vs Wade. Me thinks your ilk are racists and are currently engaging in a war of your own.

Edited by Dante