Even Tuel will get 1st string reps per Roman

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how I feel, I've always been pretty "meh" about Jeff Tuel. He's just a 3rd string QB. IMO, he was just a favorite of Marrone.

Saying that I would hope they could figure out whether he should be getting snaps with the 1's fairly quickly and maybe eliminate a guy or 2 from the competition within a few days. At some point they'll need to ramp up the snaps for the QB/QB's they think give them the best chance to win.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Was curious what Tuel's salary was, $510K in 2015, $600K 2016, someone was impressed after his first season

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/jeff-tuel/

a player with 1 accrued season has a minimum salary of 510k, and with 2 years in 2016 its 600k.... so hes literally league minimum, if he doesnt end up on the practice squad again. Edited by NoSaint

I still do not buy it, won't buy it. I've remained unbiased and rather fair through this thread before chiming in. I do not know if this guy will remain with the team next year. I do not know if he offers more or less then a prospect in this draft but knowing Whaley's comments I could see them wasting a 5th or 6th or 7th on a QB to compete against him since he won't make the team anyway.

I can't understand why this thread has gotten so much attention. Is it so hard to believe that a new OC, in the offseason, would say that every QB currently on the roster would get a chance to prove their worth?

We all know that Tuel will not be our starting QB. He more than likely will not even make the team. If by some miracle he does, then good for him. This thread has veered waaaaay off course.

I can't understand why this thread has gotten so much attention. Is it so hard to believe that a new OC, in the offseason, would say that every QB currently on the roster would get a chance to prove their worth?

We all know that Tuel will not be our starting QB. He more than likely will not even make the team. If by some miracle he does, then good for him. This thread has veered waaaaay off course.

while i dont think hes earmarking many reps and its not a huge deal, i dont think most OCs are saying "we will give QB4 first string reps" and instead go with "we will give him a look and see what he earns"

the bolded part of your post is what i would have expected. if you believe the second line of your post, why would you even waste the first string reps unless he completely surprises and earns them?

while i dont think hes earmarking many reps and its not a huge deal, i dont think most OCs are saying "we will give QB4 first string reps" and instead go with "we will give him a look and see what he earns"

the bolded part of your post is what i would have expected. if you believe the second line of your post, why would you even waste the first string reps unless he completely surprises and earns them?

I don't necessarily expect Tuel to get first team rep's, although I'm not completely ruling it out.

My point is that it is very difficult to take quotes like these at face value. I feel that much of what we hear at this point in the year are "stock answers." Especially when a new OC is commenting about what will essentially be an open competition. He's not going to tip his hand right now.

Now, if Roman said something like "Eric Wood will get 1st team rep's at RG," that would be significant, IMO.