Ted Cruz to run for President

TH3

Growth is basically earning?? Uhhhh, no.

Economic growth does not equal higher earnings? Really? lol

While that's true in a vaacum, it's an incomplete statement. Given various economic conditions, it can increase taxes. It also ignores the notion that current spending levels, much less increased spending, may well be unsustainable and economically irresponsible policy.

Unsustainable? What do you base this upon? Can you give us some serious numbers and analysis? I hope you are wrong but I'm open to hear your argument

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the source of the government's earnings?

Taxes and fees

No. Once again what have the US "earnings" been the past several years? Zero. Has our GDP grown over that time? Yes.

Zero? The government hasn't taken in any money. What in the f*** are you talking about

Unsustainable? What do you base this upon? Can you give us some serious numbers and analysis? I hope you are wrong but I'm open to hear your argument

Our debt already exceeds our GDP. Taking both that, as well as the inevitability of rising interest rates, most economists agree that the cost of our debt service alone will exceed our entire defense budget. When interest rates go up, so does the cost of servicing both new debt and debt that is rolled over in the form of newly-issued Treasury securities.

Our debt already exceeds our GDP. Taking both that, as well as the inevitability of rising interest rates, most economists agree that the cost of our debt service alone will exceed our entire defense budget. When interest rates go up, so does the cost of servicing both new debt and debt that is rolled over in the form of newly-issued Treasury securities.

Most economists?? That should be linked

And, when interest rates do go up it will most likely be accompined by an economic expansion with less borrowing making the servicing of the old debt easier. The old debt will also shrink in proportion to the size of the economy

And, when interest rates do go up it will most likely be accompined by an economic expansion with less borrowing making the servicing of the old debt easier. The old debt will also shrink in proportion to the size of the economy

You're a !@#$ing moron. Where did you learn fiscal policy? Archie comic books?

No we're focusing on your idiotic use of the term earnings.

Although to be honest, his use of the terms "assets" and "worth" were an order of magnitude more idiotic.

It's perfectly understandable why I'd go straight to FICO when someone talks about credit ratings being based on "worth." 'Cause who the hell would hear "worth" or "assets" and think "government debt?"

Although to be honest, his use of the terms "assets" and "worth" were an order of magnitude more idiotic.

It's perfectly understandable why I'd go straight to FICO when someone talks about credit ratings being based on "worth." 'Cause who the hell would hear "worth" or "assets" and think "government debt?"

Who indeed.

No we're focusing on your idiotic use of the term earnings.

So you are playing a stupid gotcha game and have no clue of the overall topic which you can care less about. You are a waste of time

Obfuscating away....

So you are playing a stupid gotcha game and have no clue of the overall topic which you can care less about. You are a waste of time

Obfuscating away....

It's not obfuscation just because you don't understand it.

I have to say I admire gatorman's fearlessness. Albeit ill advised. Pathetically over matched like any 80s Mike Tyson opponent only equipped with the inability to get knocked out or good sense to quit after being repeatedly bludgeoned. Depending on what state your in this "fight" would have been stopped by the 3 knockdown rule or by the mercy and judgement of the ref. Keep at it gatorman

Edited by Dante

It is a stupid gotcha game because you're so easily gotten.

At what rate are the US earnings taxed at?

I have to say I admire gatorman's fearlessness. Albeit ill advised. Pathetically over matched like any 80s Mike Tyson opponent only equipped with the inability to get knocked out or good sense to quit after being repeatedly bludgeoned. Depending on what state your in this "fight" would have been stopped by the 3 knockdown rule or by the mercy and judgement of the ref. Keep at it gatorman

On what point did those clowns get me on? Tom loves that you cheer his idiocy on though

It is a stupid gotcha game because you're so easily gotten.

At what rate are the US earnings taxed at?

You really are a complete idiot

The service on our debt today is around 260B, which is roughly what it was in 2006, even though our debt has grown substantially over the last 9 years. The driving force behind that is the rate of interest we are paying. We are currently paying 0.01% on 3 month T-bills and 2.98% on ten year notes; while historically those rates are closer to 3.3% and 5.2% respectively. When rates normalize, the cost to service will be astronomical; and prohibitive to new borrowing. However, if our government insists on continuing it's spending trends, that money will have to come from somewhere. A levy of new taxes, used to cover the spending gap will depress the economy.

So no, interest rates going up are not likely to be accompanied by economic expansion.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker