Skill player ages

Harvin and McCoy are the elder statesmen at 26. Clay 25. Woods 23 shortly and Sammy 22 soon.

We all know this is no accident. But with EJ only 25 we should all be pulling for the kid to break out this year. If he somehow channels all his effort into results, this team is set up for the next 5 years.

EJ's skill set is technically a great fit for this O. I am going to hold out hope that he develops under Roman. Heck the 2013 EJ was good before he got hurt. Let him loose, Roman. Play. Action.

Letting him loose is key. You gotta let him try to make plays when the situation is right. He should be comfortable to audible and really assert himself out there as a man. He was babied buy Marrone..which may be an understatement.

I still have hope for EJ, but I don't think cassel starting would be a bad thing. Let ej learn the offense for a year and let the front office improve the offensive line.

The youth of the skill positions is awesome. McCoy is looked at as over the hill by pessimists and he's got 3 full years to play before he's 30.

I hope Roman earns his paycheck because I really think he and Aaron Kromer are the most important pieces of the puzzle at this point.

The knock on roman was a complex scheme that was too "wordy" http://www.49ers.com/news/blog/article-2/49ers-to-Simplify-Offensive-Playbook-in-2014/9bfca2c7-c32e-46ef-8ab5-05dcd763a024The complaint out here was that kaep couldn't spit out the play call and the audible in time and kept having to call timeouts at crappy times. I hope the verbiage gets simplified. I think EJ will start as a continuation of the original plan. EJ's rookie year gets thrown out and last year was his sit and learn year. They signed Cassel as an insurance policy. I think that's why we didn't see any big moves for a QB. I'd bet that Roman likes EJ's potential and thinks he can make a better version of kaep. That said, I love our youth but we need a starting guard and then we need to draft either a big receiver (Funchess), RB David Johnson or a LB. Dynasty building is tough these days and we need to take advantage of these guys before it's too late and they go elsewhere when rookie deals run out

Edited by SJDK

I think we are hoping for a EJ/Taylor combo. Nothing would make me happier to see EJ make the national media eat crow.

That would require them knowing who he is and then saying something about him in any context, positive, negative, or neutral.

I was intrigued by the love Tyrod got from a poster well before FA.... enough so that after we signed him I watched a lot of video on him... I actually hope that he gets a fair shake at the job... wouldn't be upset if EJ got it either... hope to make the Cassel signing look like CYA

@ CC, I would not mind if it's Taylor either. The point of my original post is that I would prefer a younger QB to emerge and subsequently grow simultaneously with this similarly aged skill group, particularly while this D is Super Bowl caliber.

@ CC, I would not mind if it's Taylor either. The point of my original post is that I would prefer a younger QB to emerge and subsequently grow simultaneously with this similarly aged skill group, particularly while this D is Super Bowl caliber.

I am all in with that!

EJ's skill set is technically a great fit for this O. I am going to hold out hope that he develops under Roman. Heck the 2013 EJ was good before he got hurt. Let him loose, Roman. Play. Action.

2013 EJ was good until injury + Marrone.

I can honestly say I have no idea who will emerge as the starting QB for the Bills.

I still think Cassel starts. Look at what he did in NE, and his first 4 games w/ Minn last year. With the roster around him, he should be able to pull a Dalton like season, which would be good in this offense. EJ will be the backup, and play well if needed. Having Taylor is intriguing also.

2013 EJ was good until injury + Marrone.

I still think Cassel starts. Look at what he did in NE, and his first 4 games w/ Minn last year. With the roster around him, he should be able to pull a Dalton like season, which would be good in this offense. EJ will be the backup, and play well if needed. Having Taylor is intriguing also.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cassel starts... for the first time in my adult life I feel that no matter which of those QBs start, we can make the post season....

I feel that EJ has a higher ceiling than Cassel... Cassel is probably safer... and Tyrod is the unknown variable...