Joe Rose: Charles Clay is a real mismatch

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it. 2014 season stats similar to Chandler. Career stats similar to Chandler. Clay=Chandler, yet we're paying Clay 4-5X what we would have paid Chandler. I'll call my shot right now. Scott Chandler will have a better 2015 season than Charles Clay. This was a terrible move by the Bills front office. In what parallel universe is Clay worth 4-5X of Chandler? I just don't get it.

I don't get it. 2014 season stats similar to Chandler. Career stats similar to Chandler. Clay=Chandler, yet we're paying Clay 4-5X what we would have paid Chandler. I'll call my shot right now. Scott Chandler will have a better 2015 season than Charles Clay. This was a terrible move by the Bills front office. In what parallel universe is Clay worth 4-5X of Chandler? I just don't get it.

Maybe because you're not watching football? If you were, you'd see that Clay is far superior than Chandler. Or maybe because you don't understand stats only tell part of the story.

Maybe because you're not watching football? If you were, you'd see that Clay is far superior than Chandler. Or maybe because you don't understand stats only tell part of the story.

Is Clay is far superior to Chandler, how has he not shown that in any of his 5 seasons? He LOOKS better than Chandler, but I tend to be swayed by actual results.

Is Clay is far superior to Chandler, how has he not shown that in any of his 5 seasons? He LOOKS better than Chandler, but I tend to be swayed by actual results.

There are a thousand examples that show stats can be VERY misleading. Are you aware Charles Clay was voted by his peers as one of the top 100 players in the entire league in 2013? He was injured last year but played through. Wait until he is use to his full potential this year. If not, the following is definitely worth the watch for someone wondering why Clay is so highly regarded by people who actually know football and don't just dwell on stats.

'Top 100 Players of 2014': Charles Clay - NFL Videos

There are a thousand examples that show stats can be VERY misleading. Are you aware Charles Clay was voted by his peers as one of the top 100 players in the entire league in 2013? He was injured last year but played through. Wait until he is use to his full potential this year. If not, the following is definitely worth the watch for someone wondering why Clay is so highly regarded by people who actually know football and don't just dwell on stats.

'Top 100 Players of 2014': Charles Clay - NFL Videos

So we spent $24M for the next 2 years on potential. For that money, Clay better be a 1000+ yard receiver on this team. I don't see that happening. If it does, I'll come back and eat my crow. I just don't see any way Clay has a Gronk-type season with the QB's we have. I still think Chandler with Brady outplays Clay on the Bills in 2015. But according to you, I don't know football. We'll see.

So we spent $24M for the next 2 years on potential. For that money, Clay better be a 1000+ yard receiver on this team. I don't see that happening. If it does, I'll come back and eat my crow. I just don't see any way Clay has a Gronk-type season with the QB's we have. I still think Chandler with Brady outplays Clay on the Bills in 2015. But according to you, I don't know football. We'll see.

Your expectations for Clay are not the Bills' expectations for Clay. It's that simple. You will be disappointed. I won't go so far as to say you don't know football, but it is clear you don't understand why the Bills targeted Clay over keeping Chandler, and how they expect to use him in this offense.

Your expectations for Clay are not the Bills' expectations for Clay. It's that simple. You will be disappointed. I won't go so far as to say you don't know football, but it is clear you don't understand why the Bills targeted Clay over keeping Chandler, and how they expect to use him in this offense.

Enlighten me. Please. I'm really trying to understand this move and I just don't get it.

Joe Rose was really enthusiastic about Clay in that interview with Murph. Considering that Rose used to be play TE in the NFL himself, Rose made me enthusiastic.

And the highlights back him up. Clay isn't just beating LBs, sometimes he's beating CBs. And while not super-fast, Clay has a combination of speed, agility and strength that make him dangerous after the catch.

Thanks for the links!

You're right.

You don't get it.

Dude, take a joke, sheesh.

I think Clay is exactly what Roman needs to run a very deceptive offense.

It will be a game of " identify the mismatch , if you can ".

and thats all the while pounding the snot out of the ball.

Just waiting for the defenses to come down.

I hope you can be patient enough and see what the season brings , the dynamics and the personnel available as big play makers is the best group i recall. For the Bills in a rather long time.I am excited as heck and Clay is that last piece that makes it just crazy to defend.

But i will wait and see before i pronounce them world beaters

:thumbsup: