Will Rex/Roman Hold Back in the PreSeason... like Maroon did

Nanker

With the firepower that's being assembled this off season, my ambling mind wanders to thoughts of the PreSeason games. Last year many were upset that Maroon and Hack-at-it seemed to be keeping their Offense under wraps for most of the games. We speculated that they would take the wrapping off the Ferrari when the games began to count. We waited, and waited, and waited... No joy.

So, a new sheriff is in town. How much do you think Rex/Roman will reveal in the games that don't count?

I think they show enough to scare some DCs out there.

With the firepower that's being assembled this off season, my ambling mind wanders to thoughts of the PreSeason games. Last year many were upset that Maroon and Hack-at-it seemed to be keeping their Offense under wraps for most of the games. We speculated that they would take the wrapping off the Ferrari when the games began to count. We waited, and waited, and waited... No joy.

So, a new sheriff is in town. How much do you think Rex/Roman will reveal in the games that don't count?

I think they show enough to scare some DCs out there.

its always vanilla, but yes, it would be nice to see some eye popping plays as a tease

I never understood the way some teams and especially teams with new coaching staffs simply refuse to use preseason games for what they are which is live practice vs an actual opponent. I understand the injury concerns but with less actual practice time these days and even less contact why not actually use the preseason games. Its an opportunity most teams simply waste.

I'm sure it will be vanilla, but last year it was cardboard. That said, they're going to have to practice some plays in game situations that should show a preview of a better offense.

its funny (kind of) Some coaches want to win every PS game and some just don't care if the lose.

I've seen 4-0 in preseason go 0-4 in September.

The sad thing is, it appears as though Marrone didn't hold much back in the preseason if you go by what his offense looked like in the regular season. And don't forget how that dipsh** seemed more pissed after losing one of those preseason games (can't recall which) than he did at any point in the real season.

I'm so glad he's not the coach here anymore. What an unlikable douche.

The sad thing is, it appears as though Marrone didn't hold much back in the preseason if you go by what his offense looked like in the regular season. And don't forget how that dipsh** seemed more pissed after losing one of those preseason games (can't recall which) than he did at any point in the real season.

how do you really feel?

Agreed on Marrone. That said, the offense looked pretty good against the Bears.

As always, the preseason doesn't mean a thing. But the QB competition should be real interesting. Hopefully, it wil lbe fair.