30 members have voted

1. 1. what''s worse

• nickelback
    • nsynch
    • the stain on my shorts
    • telemarketers
    • bono
    • creed

wow, the stain in my shorts is trailing. that's interesting.

i left it to one choice on purpose. they're all, i think, compelling choices to get a vote, and i wanted it to make it as difficult as i possibly could.

jw

Is this true?

"they're called the 'mats, because early critics derogatorily referred to them as the placemats, which the band and the fans took back and turned into an endearment.

Is this true?

"they're called the 'mats, because early critics derogatorily referred to them as the placemats, which the band and the fans took back and turned into an endearment.

that's one theory of the 'Mats genesis. though unsure if it were actual "critics" of the band. the Replacements were very much darlings to the critics, but had difficulty registering much sales.

in fact, it's possible that the Replacements themselves coined the tag because they are very well known for their self-depricating ways. just check out some of the t-shirt slogans that came out of their last tour -- "Hate Us on Facebook" -- or what they're calling their upcoming tour: "Back By Unpopular Demand."

either way, no Replacements fan that I know of ever considered the 'Mats to be derogatory. rather, it has been celebrated, because of how they've succeeded despite their very many failures.

jw

that's one theory of the 'Mats genesis. though unsure if it were actual "critics" of the band. the Replacements were very much darlings to the critics, but had difficulty registering much sales.

in fact, it's possible that the Replacements themselves coined the tag because they are very well known for their self-depricating ways. just check out some of the t-shirt slogans that came out of their last tour -- "Hate Us on Facebook" -- or what they're calling their upcoming tour: "Back By Unpopular Demand."

either way, no Replacements fan that I know of ever considered the 'Mats to be derogatory. rather, it has been celebrated, because of how they've succeeded despite their very many failures.

jw

Catchy. And these guys write music?

Had a hard time deciding between Creed and Nickelback, and ended up settling on the 'back.

The thing about the stain on the shorts is that a cup of bleach could solve that problem. Actually, it could probably take care of those crappy bands too.

lucky you!

I get at least 1 call weekly in up to 3 phones. home / cell / work cell

How I deal with unsolicited calls.

1. Give them a good Sam Kinison scream and then hang up.

2. Repeatedly say "no habla ingles". If the telemarketer starts speaking spanish (they rarely do) then switch to "no habla espanol". Rinse repeat.

How I deal with unsolicited calls.

1. Give them a good Sam Kinison scream and then hang up.

2. Repeatedly say "no habla ingles". If the telemarketer starts speaking spanish (they rarely do) then switch to "no habla espanol". Rinse repeat.

Classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hllDWSbuDsQ&feature=player_embedded

lucky you!

I get at least 1 call weekly in up to 3 phones. home / cell / work cell

Step one: Dump the land line

Step two: Caller ID. Sure I get them on my cell but I just don't answer and are too stupid or bad on the phone to leave an intriguing message.

Step one: Dump the land line

Step two: Caller ID. Sure I get them on my cell but I just don't answer and are too stupid or bad on the phone to leave an intriguing message.

my DirecTV ties into the landline as does my home secutity system. and w/o true FO internet I have to stick with a hardline.

And no I can't afford the best of the best to eliminate it either

I wish I could

the work line I have to pick up as it could be a customer

my DirecTV ties into the landline as does my home secutity system. and w/o true FO internet I have to stick with a hardline.

And no I can't afford the best of the best to eliminate it either

I wish I could

the work line I have to pick up as it could be a customer

We're 100% wifi. Dumped cable and the landline several years ago.