offensive line competition.

Justice

Kuondjio is not a starter. Tackles are Glenn and Henderson and both are solid IMO. Incognito will start at one G position, probably RG and we will either sign or draft another G before camp. Can we use some depth? Sure but seems like we are a G short of having a pretty decent O-LIne.

Henderson rated out as one of the worst tackles in the league, 54th out of 56. Glenn finished at 24th and Wood, 17th out of 29 rated centers. Grading the Bills: Offensive Line. The guards were even worse.

Henderson rated out as one of the worst tackles in the league, 54th out of 56. Glenn finished at 24th and Wood, 17th out of 29 rated centers. Grading the Bills: Offensive Line. The guards were even worse.

Exactly. Henderson wasn't solid at all. Week 2 vs wake, he did well. That's about it.

I think many believe he played better than he did because he's a 7th rd pick with 1st rd talent that started all season. Yes, he played greeeeeat for a 7th rd pick starting at RT. He played poorly for a RT

Edited by NewEra

This is all true. But you wonder what good play-design and coaching might do for these guys.

Then again, while wondering that, I'd still love to see the Bills sign/draft another guard and tackle.

Exactly. Henderson wasn't solid at all. Week 2 vs wake, he did well. That's about it.

I think many believe he played better than he did because he's a 7th rd pick with 1st rd talent that started all season. Yes, he played greeeeeat for a 7th rd pick starting at RT. He played poorly for a RT

Except I don't buy the PFF grades. I thought Henderson was up and down all year. He was below league average at right tackle. I do not think he played anywhere near as badly as the PFF grade represents. And I have been back and watched all the snaps. For what it's worth I also thought they graded Chris Williams too low and Kraig Urbik and Eric Wood too high. Wood got zero push in the run game all year and a lot of those busted dive up the middle plays came down to him losing his 1v1. I am prepared to believe that inadequate guard play didn't help him but Wood is one for me who needs a major bounce back in 2015.

Except I don't buy the PFF grades. I thought Henderson was up and down all year. He was below league average at right tackle. I do not think he played anywhere near as badly as the PFF grade represents. And I have been back and watched all the snaps. For what it's worth I also thought they graded Chris Williams too low and Kraig Urbik and Eric Wood too high. Wood got zero push in the run game all year and a lot of those busted dive up the middle plays came down to him losing his 1v1. I am prepared to believe that inadequate guard play didn't help him but Wood is one for me who needs a major bounce back in 2015.

Completely what I am seeing too. The middle three spots on that line were the weakest links in the run game by a long shot. The best runs on the season were sprung by tackles getting out ahead of the runner, not Wood or any of the guards that were employed beside him. Wood, though reputedly a great teammate and person, has never been a standout, but being serviceable this coming season would be an improvement over last year. I'm not overly concerned about Glenn, as he had to make-up for the guy to his right far too often, and Seantrel was a rookie that showed as much promise as Eric Fisher did in his rookie season in KC. I don't know if anyone saw his second season, but if Henderson can improve even half as much as Fisher did between year one and two, we have a gamer at RT.

This is all true. But you wonder what good play-design and coaching might do for these guys.

Then again, while wondering that, I'd still love to see the Bills sign/draft another guard and tackle.

You can't play design your way out of the need for blocking. They tried to sign Bulaga which is encouraging and hopefully they are not done.

Like alot of posters are saying....it seems the market has quelled a bit yet there are still alot of quailty FA out there.

The longer alot of these FA stay out there, the more bargains they will be. Quality FA are signed in April and May believe it or not, especially after teams see what they have in the draft.

I can definitely see the Bills taking a OG or OT in the 2nd and/or 3rd round. One of those guys I can bet you will be competing hard for an starting spot.

The Bills have had so much activity already in the first week of FA that a week has seemed like a month. But there is still alot out there, and that's not including alot of the names that are being mentioned in trade talks whose teams are also see what they get in the draft before possibly waiving/trading a Mathis or Evans. Lots of time for moves still.

We can be impatient, but I can assure you Whaley and Ryan aren't. That's a good thing.

William Campbell is an interesting story.

Look for him to maybe be in the mix.

Former Jet's 6th round pick from a big school (MIchigan).

The Bills may be looking at him for some depth as well.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/04/nfl_draft_2013_jets_select_mic.html