The dangers of our new normal...

That wasn't hard was it?

Thanks.

Pointing me to the Government site selling the Patriot Act doesn't prove your point. You said 90% of Patriot Act was already legal. I didn't find any info like that. Just reading the firstpage however did highlight new investigative powers.

I'm not going to read the whole thing and see if "90%" of it was already on the books. You made the assertion, back it up. So far you've given me a lot of excuses and buried me in virtual paper.

Thanks.

Pointing me to the Government site selling the Patriot Act doesn't prove your point. You said 90% of Patriot Act was already legal. I didn't find any info like that. Just reading the firstpage however did highlight new investigative powers.

I'm not going to read the whole thing and see if "90%" of it was already on the books. You made the assertion, back it up. So far you've given me a lot of excuses and buried me in virtual paper.

Since you don't like to trust summaries, read the damn thing for yourself and make your own decision.

In other words you can't back up your point or choose not to. I'll just go with it's hogwash.

Again, its not my job to prove your points.

Over and out.

You've been provided with both the law itself and a cliff's notes version of the law as source material.

At this point any argument that you haven't been provided with evidence of claims is an outright lie.

Further, having an opinion about a law you haven't been assed to read or understand is the approaching the pinnacle of stupid. You've been given the materials. Now read them.

In other words you can't back up your point or choose not to. I'll just go with it's hogwash.

Again, its not my job to prove your points.

Over and out.

He just provided you the links, and you don't want to read them.

You've been provided with both the law itself and a cliff's notes version of the law as source material.

At this point any argument that you haven't been provided with evidence of claims is an outright lie.

Further, having an opinion about a law you haven't been assed to read or understand is the approaching the pinnacle of stupid. You've been given the materials. Now read them.

Stating opinions that you can't even bother to explain is the essence of being a blow hard. If you believe this so strongly I would think putting together a paragraph or two explaining it wouldn't be hard instead of pointing me to read the law. The people who passed it didn't even read it.

And you're lieing because I did read the cliff notes version and stated:

reading the firstpage however did highlight new investigative powers.

hrow you a bone - in a 277 page document, the word "amend" appears 327 times and "enhance" appears 22 times, while "create" appears 8 times.

Idiot.

It's your point. You do it. I'm not your research assistant.

Edited by reddogblitz

Stating opinions that you can't even bother to explain is the essence of being a blow hard. If you believe this so strongly I would think putting together a paragraph or two explaining it wouldn't be hard instead of pointing me to read the law. The people who passed it didn't even read it.

I gave you enough. Reading just the headings pages will give you enough information. Also judging from your inane commentary, you have as many issues with FISA and Protect America laws as you do with PATRIOT, but God forbid you educate yourself on issues you seem indignant about.

You deserve Bernie as your POTUS.

I gave you enough.

In your beady little mind perhaps, but you haven't explained $hit. And you have no idea on what I have read and what I haven't as I've already demonstrated.

Heading page proved my point that new investigative powers have been established. But yeah, trust 'em that they didn't.

You deserve Donald Duck as your POTUS.

Edited by reddogblitz

Stating opinions that you can't even bother to explain is the essence of being a blow hard. If you believe this so strongly I would think putting together a paragraph or two explaining it wouldn't be hard instead of pointing me to read the law.

Because it's absolutely meritless to debate a law with someone who hasn't read the law. Why would anyone put effort into such a fruitless undertaking. You've been told what the law says and does already, but have then denied the truth of those statements without reading the law. Now you want me, or someone else, to put together a more verbose summary of the same material, just so you can say: "No. I don't believe you." without reading or understanding the source material? Really?

The people who passed it didn't even read it.

Even if true, do you think this is somehow meritorious? Do you think it somehow would qualify your opinions about something you haven't read?

And you're lieing because I did read the cliff notes version and stated: reading the firstpage however did highlight new investigative powers.

You either didn't read it or your comprehension is very poor. There were very few, if any, new investigative powers discussed. As GG stated earlier, the Act did little more than streamline and make useful investigative powers that law enforcement already enjoyed. Each bullet starts with that exact statement, and then goes on to explain itself.

I don't recall being assed to read anything.

For someone who can't be assed to read and understand the law, you sure do have a lot of opinions on it.

Wikileaks Latest Info-Dump Shows, Again, That The NSA Indeed Engages In Economic Espionage Against Allies

It's just more egg on the face of government and security officials who have claimed to have kept their hands clean of economic espionage. There's sure to be more of interest in the documents as they get parsed out, but if nothing else we can be reminded that the NSA is a spy agency and that its officials have been caught lying over and over again.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150731/09240231811/wikileaks-latest-info-dump-shows-again-that-nsa-indeed-engages-economic-espionage-against-allies.shtml

Wikileaks Latest Info-Dump Shows, Again, That The NSA Indeed Engages In Economic Espionage Against Allies

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150731/09240231811/wikileaks-latest-info-dump-shows-again-that-nsa-indeed-engages-economic-espionage-against-allies.shtml

Just like they do against us...

I don't know why anyone should be surprised by this. It's how the world works.

Just like they do against us...

I don't know why anyone should be surprised by this. It's how the world works.

You've got to, if you don't you are unilaterally disarming yourself against one of the fastest and most potent ways of gaining a leg up against your competition.

And you're lieing because I did read the cliff notes version and stated:

So, after someone reads information, and forms an opinion based on that information; your position is that their opinion is invalid unless you can be convinced to hold the same point of view?

That's a strange way to defend whatever you believe in at present.

Apparently all Snowden & Assange fanboys.

It's not about the fact they're doing it, it's about the fact they've been lying about it -- even when everyone already knows they're doing it. Which makes it hard to trust anything they say about their domestic spying programs. It's a continued pattern of abuse and deceit of the American public. That's the point of posting the article (in a thread littered with similar examples of outright lies and perjury before a Congressional committee).

Edited by GreggyT

It's not about the fact they're doing it, it's about the fact they've been lying about it -- even when everyone already knows they're doing it. Which makes it hard to trust anything they say about their domestic spying programs. It's a continued pattern of abuse and deceit of the American public. That's the point of posting the article (in a thread littered with similar examples of outright lies and perjury before a Congressional committee).

Are they lying about it or trying to keep it secret. AFAIK, FISA and cleared members of Foreign Policy committees in Congress knew.

A spying program would be much less successful if you told everyone you were doing it.