Anheuser Busch, "Honoring Our Troops"

JarHeadJim

the messege was, of course, classy and admirable. However, I find the capitalistic motivation behind the ad disturbing. To me, it came off as Amheiser-Baush wanting to cash in a profit from the soldiers' sacrifices. Just my opinion.

231526[/snapback]

What should they have done then? How can you criticize a message that simply says "thank you"?

the messege was, of course, classy and admirable. However, I find the capitalistic motivation behind the ad disturbing. To me, it came off as Amheiser-Baush wanting to cash in a profit from the soldiers' sacrifices. Just my opinion.

you are dumb.

I am making a fine distinction - I am not criticising the messege, the sentiment and messege of the ad was right on. Rather, I am criticising the forum.

Alternatively, why not produce an ad without the corporate logo possibly produced with organizations supporting soldier's families? Or something like that. Amheiser Bausch could have donated, or lead, or organized such an effort.

I find the capitalistic motivation behind the ad disturbing.

231526[/snapback]

I am absolutely positive that during the development of this commercial, the ad wizards said "I sure hope nobody reads between the lines and realizes the capitalistic motiviation behind this spot". :blink:

Nah, it would only be shamless self promotion if they advertised it, which of course they would.

231553[/snapback]

Just the fact that their name is on the can is enough for some people. The media would get a hold of the story and people would start criticizing AB.

231526[/snapback]

you're 100% right. They should have just kept making ads to make people laugh, and have hot chicks fighting over beers. You're right. It's obvious AB doesn't make enough money and was just cashing in on the "patriotic" movement that is so alive today.

Oh, I almost forgot.... :blink::P :P

231526[/snapback]

Good God, they spend $2.4 mil on a commercial that made most everyone, me included, feel incredibly lucky and thankful, and you're disturbed because they flashed a logo at the end??? Get serious.

How anyone can be disturbed about anything in that ad, logo or not, is prima facie evidence of mental insanity.

However, I find the capitalistic motivation behind the ad disturbing. To me, it came off as Amheiser-Baush wanting to cash in a profit from the soldiers' sacrifices. Just my opinion.

231526[/snapback]

Then move to Russia. There's nothing wrong with a company openly supporting the troops - the way so many pay lip service to.

I still won't drink their sh------- beer but as someone who's had to change into civilian clothes to drive home from work because it wasn't safe to remain in uniform in MY OWN COUNTRY, I very much appreciated it.