THE SICKEST DAY IN THE FIGHT ON TERROR

just sick

Well, I post a bunch of positives and negatives. Some of you hate me and others love me. I say some things that piss people off but thats just me and this is just a message board. Im one of the big hearted people you will ever meet. There has to be a line with these people. This is just unholy no matter what religion you are. Report are comming in that the terrorist who did this are from different arab countries and not just the Chechen groups. Bin Ladens group was there also. Where does this stop? Where are the Muslim leaders stepping up to put a end to this? If this was my child who died, there would be a eye for a eye and a tooth .... Evil is as evil does........

All BS aside guys, kiss your kids and say a prayer tonight for these children and parents who lost their children or loved one today.

Bad thing is Jar, their religion says this is JUST! That the killing of non muslims is not a crime.

If I blow a Muslim temple up with muslims in it is that a crime because they are not Christian? Yes, because we are civil people who love and enjoy all of lifes offerings.....

Bad thing is Jar, their religion says this is JUST!  That the killing of non muslims is not a crime.

If I blow a Muslim temple up with muslims in it is that a crime because they are not Christian?  Yes, because we are civil people who love and enjoy all of lifes offerings.....

17596[/snapback]

No. I've met plenty of Muslims in my travels who want the same things as everyone else. Religious zealots suck, no matter what they worship.

These muslim extremist terrorists (Chechnyan's or Palestinians or Taliban or whatever?!?)....are not even fighting for religious causes anymore. They don't want to live in peace. They want to murder anyone that isn't like them. They are just organized murderers. If they killed off all their enemies, they'd probably start killing each other because that's all they know what to do with their lives? Once you start purposely killing innocents, you've destroyed any credibility for your cause. Thats why I'd never support anything about Chechnya or the Palestinians. They're all a bunch of sick F*#ks.

It really is sick what they did to those kids today.

Hey Navy guy, maybe you can address this question I have had. When it is reported that increased activity can be seen around known Al Qaeda camps in Pakistan (near Afghan border), why doesn't someone bomb the living crap out of that area?

Is it because it is in Pakistan and their air force lacks punch?

How about one of those 30,000-pound MOABs? Gift wrapped, perhaps? We have air bases in Afghanistan, eh?

These Muslims need to be wiped off the face of the Earth.  I just hope that day comes soon.  How much longer must humanity suffer for them?

17589[/snapback]

This is horrific but religious and political terrorism in this region is hardly new.

The fundamental problem lies in the extremists. Whenever one group tries to impose their will on another, violence is always the result.

You simply cannot lump all Muslims into this category. There are millions of Muslims all over the world that find this kind of act barbaric. If we engage is this type of widespread stereotyping, aren't we becoming our enemy?

It appears from the initial reports that a large number of the deaths may have been the result of a horrifically poor response to the situation. I read a quote earlier that said that locals with firearms actually starting shooting at the building.

No.  I've met plenty of Muslims in my travels who want the same things as everyone else.  Religious zealots suck, no matter what they worship.

17607[/snapback]

You got to wonder why the overwhelming majority of these attacks lately are carried out by people predominately from the muslim world. It can't be about poverty. Mexico has poverty, but they don't send their daughters to El Paso to blow up busses, airplanes, and school children. I still think their Koran needs a new testiment.

You got to wonder why the overwhelming majority of these attacks lately are carried out by people predominately from the muslim world.  It can't be about poverty.  Mexico has poverty, but they don't send their daughters to El Paso to blow up busses, airplanes, and school children.  I still think their Koran needs a new testiment.

17627[/snapback]

There's no question religion plays a part in it. So does the "conditioning" since birth coupled with the caste system and lack of opportunity.

I'm not a fan of any organized religion for reasons just like this.

It appears from the initial reports that a large number of the deaths may have been the result of a horrifically poor response to the situation.  .

17621[/snapback]

No, the large number of deaths was a result of those low life scum that took over the place. Come on.......... <_<

No, the large number of deaths was a result of those low life scum that took over the place.  Come on..........  <_<

17638[/snapback]

Yeah, it's the Russians' fault the 'holy warriors' killed over a hundred kids today. *sigh*

BTW, the report of locals firing weapons said they were firing at a house where one or two of the terrorists, er, militants had escaped to. Apparently they came pretty close to lynching one of the 'militants' before he/she was taken away by Russian police.

No, the large number of deaths was a result of those low life scum that took over the place.  Come on..........  <_<

17638[/snapback]

Be that as it may, I have yet to see a report that even remotely supports the assumption that the response to the entire situation was anything but an unholy mess. I was amazed to read in this morning's Post - necessarily behind events - that officials didn't know how many hostages were in there (estimates ranged from 300 to 1000), and didn't know how many terrorists were in there (15-50, I think was the estimate). Not a body of knowledge with which you'd really wish to storm a building. And further, the reports I'd heard this morning indicated that some of the terrorists escaped into the surrounding town???? First thing you do in a situation like that is completely seal the area...for any terrorists to have escaped the area indicates an operation that was badly botched from the very start.

Of course the responsibility lies with the hand that pulls the trigger - in this case, the instigators, the terrorists. And of course, the Russians may have had their hand forced by some precipitating event inside the building. But from everything I've heard so far, the Russian's response was probably ill-coordinated and precipitous enough to cost lives.

A reporter at the scene stated that the cops/ Swat/military was setting up for an assault near dusk. At noon, a group of children broke away and escaped. The Muslim terrorists started shooting at the escaping children and then all hell broke loose. The terrorists blew up the gym where at least 150 kids were.

If all these Muslims are against this terror, lets have them start doing something, all they do is sit by and say nothing.

A reporter at the scene stated that the cops/ Swat/military was setting up for an assault near dusk. At noon, a group of children broke away and escaped. The Muslim terrorists started shooting at the escaping children and then all hell broke loose. The terrorists blew up the gym where at least 150 kids were.

If all these Muslims are against this terror, lets have them start doing something, all they do is sit by and say nothing.

17684[/snapback]

Well a fair number of Muslims are dying at the hands of these scum as well. One of aims of al-Qaeda is to eliminate those of heretical Muslim beliefs (heretical to their particular brand of Sunni extremism). Plenty of Muslims are dying in the fight against these terrorists (Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan) and a fair few top al-Qaeda guys have been captured by them and then handed over to the US.

I think this act is less about religion and more about independence. Chechnya has been trying to become an independent state, and Russia has brutally responded by killing thousands of Chechnyans.

I wonder how people would view this if they were trying to break away from the old USSR regime?

At any rate, it's a brutal act that no one should support, but it is incorrect to say their cause is similar to Al Queda's.

I think this act is less about religion and more about independence.  Chechnya has been trying to become an independent state, and Russia has brutally responded by killing thousands of Chechnyans. 

I wonder how people would view this if they were trying to break away from the old USSR regime?

At any rate, it's a brutal act that no one should support, but it is incorrect to say their cause is similar to Al Queda's.

17711[/snapback]

Russia has also used chemical weapons against the Chechnyans, but I don't care what your cause is: you do NOT target children.

I think this act is less about religion and more about independence.  Chechnya has been trying to become an independent state, and Russia has brutally responded by killing thousands of Chechnyans. 

17711[/snapback]

Some of the terrorist who did this are al Queda and foreign arabs. READ AND GET THE STORY BEFORE YOU POST

Some of the terrorist who did this are al Queda and foreign arabs.  READ AND GET THE STORY BEFORE YOU POST

17741[/snapback]

Can you find the quote for me in the story where they mentioned Al Queda?

They mention that 10 of them were from Arab countries and they mention they have been fighting Russia for independence.

Can  you find the quote for me in the story where they mentioned Al Queda?

They mention that 10 of them were from Arab countries and they mention they have been fighting Russia for independence.

17903[/snapback]

BiB posted this earlier. It is not 100% up to date but provides some info. It is about the conflict overall, not the siege.

link

BTW, If all these terrorists wanted was a separate government did they think they would get it via this act? Is there any way they could have possibly thought that their goal would be achieved by doing this? If so, why would they not seek to take more in the same or similar fashion? If not, why would they want to capture and kill hundreds of children?

People who would do this offer no evidence that they could ever offer anything of value to the human race IMO. They may have had unfair circumstances thrust upon them in their individual lives, they may be angry at things around the world they see as unfair, they may have psychological problems, but they offer nothing but fear, suffering and death to the rest of us. They are too far gone. They must be found and killed. I wish it were not true, but it is. I wish there were another solution, but there is not. At the same time, we must do everything we can to be sure that new generations do not have incentives (or lack of options) to continue this. The Muslim community at large around the world must help in this effort. If they do not, the situation runs the risk of turning far uglier than it is now.