I'm officially a TO fan...

SD Jarhead

Say what you want about Terrell Owens...Selfish, egomaniac, etc. But he showed what he truly was all about last night. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of trash talking athletes, but in this case I've got to give props to TO for doing all he personally could to help the Eagles to victory.

I feel that the press has kind of mis-represented him. I remember reading an interview with him earlier in the year about how he stays out of trouble off the field, but still has this reputation as a Randy Moss type. He's right.

I also loved his quote I read this morning the with God on your side there's nothing you can't accomplish.

Flame away...

I agree TO proved a lot of his critics wrong, great heart with personality. The Patriots have zero, every interview with players is like a robot! Most of the Boston media personalities are eating there words on how the PAT were going to DESTROY the IGGS. If Mcnabb has a little better game they win!

I agree with you 100% TO showed nothing but heart last night and he played a hell of a game. He may be arrogant at times but he brings personality to that team.

230907[/snapback]

Say what you want about Terrell Owens...Selfish, egomaniac, etc. But he showed what he truly was all about last night. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of trash talking athletes, but in this case I've got to give props to TO for doing all he personally could to help the Eagles to victory.

I feel that the press has kind of mis-represented him. I remember reading an interview with him earlier in the year about how he stays out of trouble off the field, but still has this reputation as a Randy Moss type. He's right.

I also loved his quote I read this morning the with God on your side there's nothing you can't accomplish.

Flame away...

230893[/snapback]

Agreed 100%. It was impressive to see a guy who was told not to play by his doctor go out and have a great game. Kudos to T.O., shame he ended up on the short end....

T.O. is one of few athletes in recent memory for myself that can talk the talk and walk the walk. He backs up what he says he will do off the field when he is on the field.

Michael Jordan was another athlete that could.

Then you have Pepto King Chad Johnson who put his foot in his mouth.

I have always liked T.O. He brings extra entertainment to the game. The NFL rules against celebration have gotten out of hand.

T.O. is one of few athletes in recent memory for myself that can talk the talk and walk the walk.  He backs up what he says he will do off the field when he is on the field.

Michael Jordan was another athlete that could. 

Then you have Pepto King Chad Johnson who put his foot in his mouth.

I have always liked T.O.  He brings extra entertainment to the game.  The NFL rules against celebration have gotten out of hand.

230988[/snapback]

Both TO and Brian Westbrook ("the pride of Villanova") both showed alot of heart.

It was very telling to see the look on TO's face . . . he wanted to win so much!

TO proved he is the best WR in the game today, period. 6 weeks after basically breaking his ankle, the guy catches everything thrown to him and shoved off DBs like flies. The game wouldn't have been as close without him, for sure.

Flame away...

230893[/snapback]

TO played well for a guy on a bad ankle- although I would hardly say he dominated. One of his big plays came off an illegal pick, and he made a couple spectacular catches on the last TD drive.

He did not listen to the team doctors since he got hurt. Athletes MUST obey what the team and the doctors say. They are the property of the team, after all.

Agree, SD. I have always liked T.O., much to others chagrin. So what he has an ego the size of his talent and heart, the only difference between players is how they present their ego to the public and not how big it is. The guy has fun. The guy busts his ass all the time. He constantly produces. He blocks, runs, catches, gives 100%, short or deep. Frankly, I think the league needs guys, maybe even more guys, like T.O. He doesn't get in real trouble, he just plays and makes plays.