What is it about Jason Campbell?

He's had very good seasons for several teams but he keeps getting replaced and let go.

Career numbers: 87 TDs, 60 INTs, 17 lost fumbles, 1204 career rushing yards, 60.3 Comp %, 81.7 QB Rating. Has thrown for over 3,000 yards twice. He was the QB for Cleveland when Josh Gordon was putting up those huge numbers.

I have often wondered this in my biased view, maybe I can find out what others think. Connor Shaw? Coaches kid, winnist QB in South Carolina (got it, not saying much). The boy can play some ball though! Thoughts?

He's had very good seasons for several teams but he keeps getting replaced and let go.

Career numbers: 87 TDs, 60 INTs, 17 lost fumbles, 1204 career rushing yards, 60.3 Comp %, 81.7 QB Rating. Has thrown for over 3,000 yards twice. He was the QB for Cleveland when Josh Gordon was putting up those huge numbers.

Good question, LIttleJoe, glad you asked.

I think the short answer is "wrong teams, wrong coaches, injury at the wrong time". He was looking pretty good for the Redskins, team was struggling, Zorn pointed the finger at Campbell but couldn't find anyone better, Zorn was fired, Shanahan preferred Donovan McNabb and Rex Grossman so Campbell got traded to the Raiders. Go back and read that sentence again. :w00t: (too bad Shanahan, so sad - for you)

Raiders sucked, Campbell wasn't instantly successful but wound up with a decent year, Cable got fired for Hue Jackson who had him a boner for Carson Palmer and sold the farm for him when Campbell broke his shoulder.

I really haven't seen him play since he came back from the shoulder injury, but at that point Campbell was a 30 yr old discarded by 2 teams, and only a desperate team would give a guy like that a chance to start again. So he played for the Browns, of course, who sucked, and he probably looked as good with them as anyone short of Luck could have but he still didn't look so good. Hard to look good on a suck team, unless of course you're Luck. But it's also possible he didn't come back well from the shoulder. If he did....

Only a desperate team would give a guy like Campbell the chance to start again. Huh. Hey. Waitaminut.....

All I remember is he looked solid for Oakland when we had that 4th quarter magic from fitzy.

I did envision him drawing more interest in free agency, though.

Yeah, that was quite some game, wasn't it. "If we have to throw on every down, we'll throw on every down!" Campbell must have been "wait a minute, who is this guy?"

STOP

Washington traded Philly a 1st for McNabb and shipped Campbell off to Oakland where he outplayed his replacement. He's got decent talent but he's not clutch.

No he didn't. He was great for Oakland and then he got hurt. And they fell apart and made an awful Palmer trade.