What are EJ's chances?

EJ  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What are the chances that EJ becomes a viable long term solution at quarterback for the Buffalo Bills?

2. 2. What are the chances that EJ Manuel leads the Buffalo Bills to the playoffs for the 2015 season?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he learned a lot from Kyle Orton on how to handle a NFL Football team from a leadership standpoint. That was one area he was lacking, as far as making sure people were where they were supposed to be and handling their assignments. The playmaking will return now that Marrone and Co are gone

Don't know what he did to get all of the criticism thrown his way. It's not his fault he was a project, 2nd round QB, drafted in round 1. He needed to sit and learn but was never allowed that. I thought he exceeded expectations in year 1 and the plug was pulled way too quick on him in year 2.

When he has a running game in front of him, he can play well like he did against the Bears last season or in several games as a rookie. He's at his best in play action. If he can't succeed in this system (with Roman) then maybe he is a 2nd string QB.

Let the kid play and see what he's got.

I believe he learned a lot from Kyle Orton on how to handle a NFL Football team from a leadership standpoint. That was one area he was lacking, as far as making sure people were where they were supposed to be and handling their assignments. The playmaking will return now that Marrone and Co are gone

True leaders don't make excuses and blame others for their mistakes. It said a lot last year when EJ wasn't voted a team captain.

I gave him a 50/50 shot at making it. He needs to be less timid than he showed last year. He said he would be after getting benched but he really needs to show this early to his teammates to gain trust and respect.

Stop! Why do we have these QB forums every day! Are the last 10 not enough. After all If Orton isnt good enoigh to take over for EJ than at least we have Brad Smith!

Because it's March 2nd and there is nothing else to talk relating to the Bills. If you have a better topic lets have it.

No one knows if he's the long term solution at QB. His rookie year was hindered by his knee injuries and he got benched in favor of Kyle Orton. We should know in a year if he can be the guy.

I can't keep up. 65% he's the guy. 90% we make the playoffs.

as I mentioned you don't need to be a Franchise QB to get this team to the playoffs.

The feeling may be that EJ is better than KO and thus make a WC at least.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I think basically they're saying that he's not the guy, but we have good enough talent around him, and can make it on the strength of the defense for the time being.

I hope i'm interpreting you right....

When I said "I can't keep up." I meant I can't keep up with all these polls.

The 65% and 90% were my 'numbers' when I voted. 65% he becomes the long term qb and 90% we make the playoffs.

I hope i'm interpreting you right....

When I said "I can't keep up." I meant I can't keep up with all these polls.

The 65% and 90% were my 'numbers' when I voted. 65% he becomes the long term qb and 90% we make the playoffs.

Oh, I thought you were saying you couldn't keep up with the other votes.

Yeah, that sounds about right actually.

Long term starters are rare in general, so I gave him the 20-40% range, but really it's closer to 20, than 40, for me.

As far as leading us to the playoffs? If he can play about average ball, and we run successfully, and continue to have a dominating defense, then it's a decent shot. I gave it a 50% shot there, just because... things happen in the NFL regular season, and we are only strong on one side of the ball as of right now.

It's also funny that I get labeled as an "EJ Lover" with those two votes. :)

Edited by Dorkington

I want to see EJ play after a year off and with an accomplished offensive coordinator. On paper he is the perfect QB, has the confidence of all his teammates and has seen how a pro (albeit a poor one) handles a season.

I didn't vote, but I think his chances are better now than if Doug stayed.

EJ needs to just go out there and play. quit trying to be perfect. he's over thinking it. sometimes you just have to go out there and fling the ball around and trust your reads. you might not even be able to see the WR but you just have to trust your guys will be where they are supposed to be and will make the play. if he is too scared to make a mistake then that's when you make mistakes. need to play loose. hopefully he knows at this point he has nothing to lose so just go out there and play ball

i think they want him to be successful, money wise it makes sense for him to be on this team, so he has that going for him. i think his odds of being on the roster by the time the season starts is 50/50. if they bring in 2 other QB's and also draft a guy then someone is getting cut so he better outplay these guys if he wants to make the team let alone be the starting QB