Justin Blalock Release

montanafan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we could sign Justin Blalock for between 3-4 million/year for say a two year contract,,,,,, what do you think?

If he were only asking $3-4mil/year I think he'd be signed (somewhere) by now. The contract he was under when he was released was paying him about $6+mil/year. I bet he's looking for at least $5mil, if not that original $6mil. Not sure he's worth that much, and I like him a lot.

Blalock would be great insurance in case Incognito can't quite come back as the player he once was and/or Richardson doesn't make the leap in quality from rookie to second year player. I hope we sign him and draft more interior players for depth.

If he were only asking $3-4mil/year I think he'd be signed (somewhere) by now. The contract he was under when he was released was paying him about $6+mil/year. I bet he's looking for at least $5mil, if not that original $6mil. Not sure he's worth that much, and I like him a lot.

Does it matter what he gets?

We need to solidify the line and get the run game in place.

I hope Buffalo has an interest and watching this closely

Blalock would be great insurance in case Incognito can't quite come back as the player he once was and/or Richardson doesn't make the leap in quality from rookie to second year player. I hope we sign him and draft more interior players for depth.

Bills drafted three lineman last year and probably will look to those players for depth, if they can't break into starting lineup. If Incognito starts that leaves Urbik, Kujo, Henderson and Richardson to battle for remaining OG and OT position. Would be nice to get a solid starter in one of these positions anyway and one of these four could fill the remaining spot.

Bills drafted three lineman last year and probably will look to those players for depth, if they can't break into starting lineup. If Incognito starts that leaves Urbik, Kujo, Henderson and Richardson to battle for remaining OG and OT position. Would be nice to get a solid starter in one of these positions anyway and one of these four could fill the remaining spot.

Exactly. And Chris Williams. While fans like to hate him, I think he could bring some competition for that OG spot. He's a big dude that plays best in a straight-ahead road-grading OL scheme, as opposed to Marrone's Zone Blocking with Big Men scheme that went no where last year.

Assuming Henderson gets the RT spot locked up, that still leaves Chris Williams, Urbik, Kujo, and Richardson battling for one spot. I dont mind that. Especially with the improved coaching of Roman and Kromer.

OL/OG isnt nearly the need that some fans make it out to be. Yes, its always important, and I want to see them constantly bringing guys in with hopes to improve it. But as it stands right now, its not that bad.

Edited by DrDareustein

Bills also have a ton of guards signed under futures contracts - I know nothing about any of them (likely all projects/longshots), but thought it interesting that they have more a lot more guards signed than any other position. They know its an area of need.