Terrance Knighton FA

Dragonborn10

Who would take Knighton instead of Hughes?

I know they are different positions but Knighton would be a very good almost great NT. Dareus could move to DE in the base 3-4.

In the four down lineman package Dareus shifts to DT and Lawson comes in to play DE with Bradham outside his shoulder.

Just thinking of options if they can not get a deal done with Hughes...

Possibility. Seems like Rex always likes to have a dedicated run stuffer ie Jenkins, devito, that williams kid they have now (I think that's his name anyway) going all the way too tony Siragusa. I really don't want lawson playing DE. I hear the name lawson and it goes hand with Bryce brown atm. I think of Bryce brown I think about the Chiefs game. Losing the Chiefs game. one more win and we'd have made the playoffs. One fumble. 2 Jamal Charles runs right passed lawson. Sigh.

Back to the subject. I think knighton is s possibility, although I think it's easier to find someone big to plug in the middle than to find a quick twitch pass rushing nightmare like hughes. Really hope we resign him

Who would take Knighton instead of Hughes?

I know they are different positions but Knighton would be a very good almost great NT. Dareus could move to DE in the base 3-4.

In the four down lineman package Dareus shifts to DT and Lawson comes in to play DE with Bradham outside his shoulder.

Just thinking of options if they can not get a deal done with Hughes...

I like Knighton.

That said, if Hughes walks in FA, this team needs to add 2 pass rushers, not one. I've felt for a while now that they need a 3rd edge rusher to spell Hughes/Mario; especially when they play teams like NE that (a) throw a lot, and (b) ratchet up the pace of their offense specifically to tire out pass rushers. Now, if they're content to let Hughes walk, they better go out and get a guy like Pernell McPhee and another situational rusher like Dwight Freeney at this stage of his career.

I like Knighton.

That said, if Hughes walks in FA, this team needs to add 2 pass rushers, not one. I've felt for a while now that they need a 3rd edge rusher to spell Hughes/Mario; especially when they play teams like NE that (a) throw a lot, and (b) ratchet up the pace of their offense specifically to tire out pass rushers. Now, if they're content to let Hughes walk, they better go out and get a guy like Pernell McPhee and another situational rusher like Dwight Freeney at this stage of his career.

McPhee would be such an amazing addition to this DL. If we lose Hughes, I really hope he can add him. Different size and skill set than Hughes, but I love his motor and production

In an interview I saw with Rex today I really got the impression it was like

"Whaley" Rex your being given a top 3 defense......dont ask for a DAMN THING on that side of the ball

"Rex" I love my guys.....so much talent and DEPTH

I think they might look for a INEXPENSIVE run stuffer on D......but I dont expect them (except for Hughes) to spend big money on the D side of the ball at all

I think we are going to spend on OL, TE, RB, and a vet QB

The guy is 335lbs. I remember seeing a story on him this year saying how he can dunk with ease. That's impressive. He's a great player and would be an awesome addition. Mario, Kyle, Knighton, Dareus would be an absolutely brutal front 3 + 1 or 4 to deal with. Unblockable.

Edited by Mark80