Salary Cap Thread

eball

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cap Gurus, how much roll over do we have this year? I know that can't roll over twice so just trying to see what our rollover might be next year.

According to Spotrac, our rollover from last season is $2.65M which is included in the $18.43M cap space we have(includes projected rookie caps).

There was debate about whether rollover monies could re-rollover......but that has been firmly settled. Rollover monies can re-roll as often as a team wants.

According to Spotrac, our rollover from last season is $2.65M which is included in the $18.43M cap space we have(includes projected rookie caps).

There was debate about whether rollover monies could re-rollover......but that has been firmly settled. Rollover monies can re-roll as often as a team wants.

Not sure if this goes here. But is it absurd for me to think the bills should spend about 10 mil this year and roll the other 10 to next year to sign our own guys back?

Basically I think that means Iupati, Hughes, or Revis only. Or a few role players. That 10 mil basically pays Dareus next year, basically just adding his salary of 8 this year to that roll over. That should leave us with the same money-ish we have now and can get done at least 2 of the 3 in Gilmore Bradham and Glenn on top of Marcel.

There is a lot of talk about the ability to restructure. That just delays the inevitable I think.

Edited by Mango

Not sure if this goes here. But is it absurd for me to think the bills should spend about 10 mil this year and roll the other 10 to next year to sign our own guys back?

Basically I think that means Iupati, Hughes, or Revis only. Or a few role players. That 10 mil basically pays Dareus next year, basically just adding his salary of 8 this year to that roll over. That should leave us with the same money-ish we have now and can get done at least 2 of the 3 in Gilmore Bradham and Glenn on top of Marcel.

There is a lot of talk about the ability to restructure. That just delays the inevitable I think.

until you deal with it in numbers, its kind of pointless to speculate or strategize. you are proposing that they roll over more money without looking at the situation beyond "if guys need raises we cant spend more" and not seeing existing changes in hits, expiring contracts, potential cuts, the possibile 15m cap increase, structuring some of the deals to hit heavier post mario etc....

So, considering Shady's and Jerry's new deals does anyone know how much space we actually have left entering tomorrow with and without FJ on the roster? Thanks if you do.

not exactly but if Fred is released along with probably Urbik and Chris Williams, probably $15-$20M

before Jerry's #'s figured in

$18,429,067 Cap Space (w/Top 51 & Projected Draft Pool) - I was looking for this

$21,672,282 Cap Space (w/Top 51)

Spotrac still hasn't updated for the Jerry deal.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

21.6m before his deal, though.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

$12,764,067 including estimated draft costs.

remember, the top 51 matters in the offseason and might only include a couple draft picks come draft day (and they will be replacing existing dollars in the calculation; not a full bump)

if all draft picks make the roster, thats likely not a bad thing for our cap number - picking at 50 for our first pick and all

Edited by NoSaint

remember, the top 51 matters in the offseason and might only include a couple draft picks come draft day (and they will be replacing existing dollars in the calculation; not a full bump)

if all draft picks make the roster, thats likely not a bad thing for our cap number - picking at 50 for our first pick and all

Cap Space (w/Top 51) $16,007,282 FYI

Cap Space (w/Top 51) $16,007,282 FYI

makes sense - and a product of what i was saying, really..... which should have made it obvious for me to catch

hughes replaces a 500k guy, so his 6.1m is only a 5.6m drop in the calculation.

And then you have to account for draft pool...so it's the 12.7M number Dorkington referred to above.

but you dont fully - as only 1-2 guys in that will count in the top 51 probably, and they will be replacing guys already at 500k.

Edited by NoSaint

I know. he mentioned the 51 so .....

I did make mention of the rookie #'s today post 108

It's probably for our purposes the less accurate number to use though as they will be 500k guys replacing 500k guys in the calculation Edited by NoSaint

Hey Cap Gurus, how much roll over do we have this year? I know that can't roll over twice so just trying to see what our rollover might be next year.

We currently have $38 million in cap room next year, and that doesn't account for the cap increasing. If we don't sign anyone else we should be looking at $50 million in space.